• Register
  • Help

Topic: Butterfly emerging

Share/Bookmark

Butterfly emerging

Some time ago I was lucky to find a beautiful cocoon of a monarch butterfly, shiny green and having an incredible gold crown. It was ready to hatch and I watched as the butterfly stretched out, opened and dried her wings and flew away.
    This is what inspired this.
    I promise that I am not going to bore you guys for a month now, because we are leaving Mexico and returning to Ontario.

Ted

https://www.box.com/s/qwwgj05ie43ga74s4zmc

Re: Butterfly emerging

Ted....

in terms of sheer beauty this is rather stunning. Very intense, but also airy, dreamy... stunning, really. A real, sincere and deep enjoyment.
    I just thank you for posting it. You've given me a beautiful emotion.

Fab

My god, coming from you these nice worlds are great honor.
    Thanks, you have understood..

Ted

Wow, that is really a beautiful composition. If you overlayed a slow motion video of an emerging butterfly you would have my wife sobbing on her keyboard.

This is a beautiful piece of music. It captures that sort of something that is the essence of nature at work. Thanks for posting it.

Ted - This is a gorgeous piece of music, composed with sensitivity, sophistication, and displays a gentle confidence which has a magical and arresting effect.

I love the idea offered by Dongios, for nature photography of an emerging butterfly to be coupled with this work. That would work beautifully!

I shudder to think that you briefly considered not sharing more music with us. You're bringing very special music to our LR, and we don't want to have that taken away!

Randy

From Wikipedia:

In chaos theory, the butterfly effect is the sensitive dependence on initial conditions, where a small change at one place in a deterministic nonlinear system can result in large differences to a later state.

They never listened to your lovely piece. I resist the term "chaos theory". There is non in your composition. This is really a great contribution to the LR, thank you.

Be careful on the road, Ted, see you in Ontaria,

Raymond

Ted! This is just a wonderful piece of music. I can see a butterfly coming out of a cocoon. I am curious as to what strings you used on this. I think they sound very nice. Thanks for the post. Jay

Ted,

Turn around is fair play, I made you tear up at the end of my recent piece, and you made my eyes do the same, ....except for almost the entire piece!

This is truly a magnificent work Ted. It is romantic and sensitive, but at the same time powerful and provocative. The rendering of the strings was gorgeous!! I heard rumors that you felt you weren't good enough to continue posting here. Get that right out of your head man! This is not only a structurally satisfying piece, and emotional satisfying, but extremely.....let me repeat....extremely well rendered too.

My only regret is that we have to wait a month to hear another such creation from you. Gives me something to look forward to. Drive carefully and take lots of breaks. I just did the same (albeit much shorter route) from Albuquerque to California with a u-haul. It's tiring.

Cass

Go Back to forum