• Register
  • Help

Topic: Announcing Free Updates for GOS Users

Orcas Island

Announcing Free Updates for GOS Users

I am pleased to announced that we will be sending out the next updates for the GOS library within the next few weeks to all registered GOS Advanced users.

If anyone has moved since the last update (last summer), please let me know the address you want the updates mailed to. Email us at support@garritan.com

This latest major update will expand the total number of CD-ROMs in the GOS library from 18 to 20 CDs. Highlights of the new GOS update will include the following:

</font><ul type=\"square\">[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">New Samples & Instruments:</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">\"Hollywood Strings\" - Incredible sounding string sections produced by Ashif Hakik</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">\"Crescendo/Diminuendo\" Instruments - Many have asked for more crescendo patches. These crescendos were recorded at the time the GOS library was recorded and were also used to calibrate the EXP instruments.</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">\"Looped Harmonics\" Instruments

Reduced RAM and Polyphony Options</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">1/3 RAM version of the GOS Library</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">1/2 RAM version of the GOS Library- by Dave Govett</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Short Bow Polyphony Conservation Version

Ambience & Acoustic Control</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">\"Hollywood EQ\" Performance Setup for GigaStudio DSP Station by Doyle W. Donehoo</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Additional \"Impulse Response\" Samples - for use in Altiverb, Samplitude, Acoustic Mirror, Cool Edit, etc.</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">\"Bow Noise\" Samples - for layering in bow noise.

MaestroTools</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">MAPLE MIDI TOOLS - from MarbleSound - New MaestroTools features and performance controls.</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">\"Virtual MaestroTools\" for the Emagic LogicTM Audio Environment
    updated layers by Roman Beilharz</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">\"CAL Programming\" for Cakewalk SonarTM - by Mathieu Laprise

Tutorials</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Arpeggios , Double Stops, Major Scale Run & Opening GOS Theme

Free Orchestral Samples</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Brass Instruments from ProjectSAM - Trumpets, Timpani & Flute FX - Maarten Spruijt has graciously allowed us to include these SAM instruments in this update. Thanks Maarten!</font>[*]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Percussion Instruments from G-Town - Tobias Marberger was also generous to allow us to include his G-Town percussion instruments in this update package. Thank you Tobias!</font>[/list]<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">
    If there are any other contributions or reasonable requests for the update package, please let us know.

Gary Garritan

**REPOSTED from GOS Forum**

Re: Announcing Free Updates for GOS Users

This library has proven to be one of the best studio investments I\'ve made over and over and over again...many thanks to Gary, King, and everyone who contributed to this update!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scott Speed:
    [QB] This library has proven to be one of the best studio investments I\'ve made over and over and over again...

Well said!!

You really are too good to be true!
    You (alongside Eric Persing!) really are Godlike figures in this industry!

Others take note!!

I can\'t wait... Christmas all over again!

Thanks so much Gary, Tom, Ashcif and others I may have missed. It\'s rare to find service like this.

Thanks Gary. I\'m sure that the update will blow me away as usual!

Fantastic news Gary! Thanks again for your incredible support.
    Big thanks to King as well [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Excellent news--thanks much Gary and others!

Go Back to forum