• Register
  • Help

Topic: Herbert West: Reanimator

Share/Bookmark

Herbert West: Reanimator

This is the horror project I've been working on for the last while.

HP Lovecraft's Herbert West: Reanimator

Libraries:
    Cinematic Strings 2
    Cinebrass
    Cinewinds
    Requiem Light - all the choirs
    Alicia Key's Piano
    Symphobia - one cluster effect
    True Strike 1 - percussion
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Re: Herbert West: Reanimator

Hello Graham:gain, I am impressed and like West's.
    The most I like is 8./ just waiting and (really like) 9./ West's lament. Of course I absolutely close to (he-he) is Beyond Death..(86 I am)
    I can not afford it of course, but what is the choir you so skillfully use?
    Thanks for posting this, it was a great entertainment for me..

Ted

This is just great! The music fits the theme of the story perfectly. I saw the original film "reanimator" and just loved it. You have a wonderful knack for film score music. Do you know how cinematic strings 2 compares with the previous version? A great post. Thanks. Jay

Great, just great!! I did some twice. As JaynKate01 said, you certainly have a knack for cinematic music.

Raymond

Plowking - Our own King of Cinema here at the Garritan Forum!

You never disappoint, Graham - You have it all going on in this track, and then some. Exciting mood shifts, scrumptious arranging and production throughout. Lovecraft himself would be wide-eyed with delight - I'm sure of it!

AND, I want to point out to my fellow Forumites, that Graham's website is newly refurbished and looks great. You get there from the first link in his sig.

Randy

Well a big thanks all, Ted, Jay, Ray, Randy!

Wow Ted, 86 years young...alive in Lovecraft's time! The choir is Requiem Light, great sound, not as versatile as some (voxos for example, but for horror, or some epic big choir music, it's excellent).

@ Jay - cheers, glad you think it fits the story, if it didn't I've failed - I saw the film sometime around the late 80's (it came out in 85) and was hooked ever since on Lovecraft. Ok the film went off on it's own fun tangent, but still - great, that and From Beyond. Two of the very few films in my small DVD collection.

@ Raymond, thanks dude - I find good inspiration helps - I listened to a bit of Psycho first before starting this. I'm sure it's apparent. Why, well famously, the original film reanimator has a main theme (it's on youtube) that is basically an extreme homage to the Psycho theme - a little too close for my tastes, and others - lots say 'rip off'.

So I decided to do a 'hint' of it instead, and so partly inspired by the idea they tried on the film without way over doing it like the composer did back then. He probably did it on instruction though from the director.

@ Randy, thanks as always for the comments (and the website plug :-) ) - it's great to have stories I grew up reading serve as worthline inspiration to scoring.

Not sure how anyone here would feel about it, but I would have to recommend giving it a try if possible. A story you love, or a poem etc.

@ Jay - I forgot to mention, I don't know too much about CS 1 - but the makers felt the need to create a whole new release, not just an upgrade, and to me that means version 1 was probably lacking in a lot of ways.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

I do not know what to add. This is perfect horror-cinematic music and just plain nice music. And I will be checking out your website. Thank you.

Hey Richards, thanks for listening. If you do go to the site, any feedback on that too would be welcomed.
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Go Back to forum