• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Rock/Heavy Guitar Libraries: When?

Share/Bookmark

Rock/Heavy Guitar Libraries: When?

I know there has been around 4 compainies or users saying they were going to release a rock guitar library. Just wondering if anyone could post an idea when their library would actually be available. Thanks.

Re: Rock/Heavy Guitar Libraries: When?

Originally posted by Munsie:
    I know there has been around 4 compainies or users saying they were going to release a rock guitar library. Just wondering if anyone could post an idea when their library would actually be available. Thanks.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I know I mentioned that I was thinking about it about a year ago, but I\'ve been busy with plenty of other things (life in general, etc.) BUT, actually was thinking about it again this morning on my way to work. I\'m in the process of buying my first house (partially finished basement, a definite necessity for my plans!) and moving, but it does seem like something that I still want to do. I think it popped in my mind again this morning because I spent 20 minutes last night loosening the strings on 17 guitars to get them ready for the move. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

(That, or the new Old Man\'s Child album blasting in the car. Definitely an album to check out if you like well-produced black metal.)

Sounds good, cant wait to \"use\" it, what sometime in 2005-6? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] lol. Can\'t you people see my frustration!! H3ll, I could of learned to play the damn thing by now!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hi Munsie,

Hvae you heard and tried Virtual Guitarist Electric Edition?

Have you tried----> THIS???

I\'ve been working on this, it\'s coming along good. I\'m hoping for summer. I keep coming up with more ideas, so who knows. I just figured out a way to build chords and allowing it to still sound like a guitar(if dealt with guitar samples, you know what I mean) [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I\'m going overboard on every possible way you can play a guitar(which is alot!). I\'m not doing the loops or riffs.... I think it\'s because I\'m a guitarist. I can tell you this so far..... don\'t exept to play it on a keyboard alone and expect it sound like a guitar. the two aren\'t even in the apples and oranges spot light.
    One thing I haven\'t quit decided on is: having two sets of the same set up to allow the user to build the thick tracks or layer them so they\'re already done. or do both? both ways seem to have advatages. also keep in mind that I\'m not stopping with this setup either. Imagine a whole hard drive filled full of different guitars you can layer.
    As a guitar player, if find them a total blast playing with them. My old drummer used to get up set if I used a drum machine to write songs with and then hand him a tape of it (tape!? man, talk about old school....) but yet when he comes over he always has a blast seq. drums on the keyboard. so I don\'t think guitar players will totally dislike it. And as far as Guitarist not getting work.... well, they needed to get a job anyways.

Aaron Dirk
    NGS West

Scarbee -

Yah, I\'ve played with it a few times at a store. It is nice and has it\'s uses, but I need playable chromatic samples that I can improvise and jam too. No loops or riffs for me...

Kid-Surf -

This looks like a rif/loop library. I don\'t do riffs or loops. If I\'m wrong please let me know!

ngstime -

\"I just figured out a way to build chords and allowing it to still sound like a guitar(if dealt with guitar samples, you know what I mean)\"

Do you plan on sampling chords, up and down strokes?

\"I\'m going overboard on every possible way you can play a guitar(which is alot!). I\'m not doing the loops or riffs....\"

Cool! But at this point the library sounds similar in theory to QL Strat or Vintaudio\'s Clean Guitars. Are you going to be doing any processing on the library? I think one of the most important things not covered in any existing guitar libraries is processed rythm strums, chords, etc.

\"I think it\'s because I\'m a guitarist. I can tell you this so far..... don\'t exept to play it on a keyboard alone and expect it sound like a guitar.\"

Why not? click here for a short demo I did recently that only uses Vintaudio\'s Clean guitars. It was played live on a keyboard and it sounds fairly convincing.

I look forward to your library, please keep us informed about the progress or any demos you may have.

Sounds cool Munsie, except for the terrible chord progression [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ) What is that? A-minor, F,G? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ) Come on!!! Musicians death sin, only next to C-F-G [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Did you check out Tob\'s guitars? He\'s working on a new guitar library (it will consist of pre-recorded riffs though, so that might not be everyone\'s cup of tea) - Still I think it sounds amazing. Punchy and hardcore. The problem I hear in most midi guitar demos (especially the ones that are supposed to sound heavy) is the lack of grit, power, fatness. Your demo suffers from this as well, but of course you might not want that loud punchy black metal guitar sound [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, check out Tob\'s guitars. They\'re the only sampled guitars I\'ve heard that made me go \"Wow! I gotta have this.\"

EDIT: sorry I didn\'t realize you were only looking for multisamples, but maybe Tob is providing this to a certain extent.. I\'m not sure what he\'s up to so I\'ll let him reply.

Thomas

Thomas_J -

\"What is that? A-minor, F,G? ) Come on!!! Musicians death sin, only next to C-F-G\"

Well, uh, yah, but I\'m a pop rocker so don\'t expect too much more from me. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] (Jeesh, is he this hard on you orchestra composer types too?) lol..

\"The problem I hear in most midi guitar demos (especially the ones that are supposed to sound heavy) is the lack of grit, power, fatness. Your demo suffers from this as well, but of course you might not want that loud punchy black metal guitar sound..\"

I could have made things alot phatter, but I wanted to get something up quickly for Franky. The demo was basically a \"live\" capture from GS with tad bit of post eq and limiting.

\"Did you check out Tob\'s guitars?\"

Yepper, not interested in his riffs, but he did make a .gig file of sampled chords with release samples that was AWESOME! Hopefully he\'ll continue with the mutlisampled route.

yes.... cool groove. but, it does sound keyboard-ish, and with heavier guitar sounds, it\'s very pronounced. ex: a sampled barred chord vs I-V single notes. At first I did all the barred chords(every kind too!) but I found when you change one note in the chord it changes everything, because you\'re going from the sampled chord to single note sampled chords. I\'ve found this to be a sore thumb. I think I came up with a way without sampling every possible chord.

I noticed I moved on from what I was saying about playing on the keyboard, sorry. What should\'ve came after- after it\'s played on the keyboard, you\'ll have to go in and tweak everything if you want to get it to sound like a guitar(like VSL). of course I\'ll make it playable as possible, change the little things after. playing guitar on a keyboard live is still gonna get tomatoes thrown at ya

I could go on and on, but talk is cheap. so I\'ll wait until it\'s close to being completed [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

the very idea of guitar thats keyboard/sampler is laughable by every single guitar player in the world, including myself. I\'m gonna be facing some heavy critics. But I will be known as the guitar sample god, it\'s gonna be fun.

Aaron Dirk
    NGS West

Go Back to forum