• Register
  • Help

Topic: Akai EWI USB / Garritan Player / Windows 8 -- doesn't work

Share/Bookmark

Akai EWI USB / Garritan Player / Windows 8 -- doesn't work

I got a new Windows 8 laptop about a month ago and finally got around to trying to put a bunch of my "recreational" software onto it today. Got to the EWI USB and Garritan Player software and can't get it to work. The software will make a sound with the built-in keyboard, but I don't get proper notes with the EWI. Added ASIO4ALL, got the latest updates (such a they are) from the Akai site, and nothing.

Grabbed VSTHOST and tried that - same effect.

Anyone have any ideas on getting this working with Windows 8?

Thanks.
    GuyWithDogs
    Poulsbo, WA

Re: Akai EWI USB / Garritan Player / Windows 8 -- doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by GuyWithDogs View Post
    I got a new Windows 8 laptop about a month ago and finally got around to trying to put a bunch of my "recreational" software onto it today. Got to the EWI USB and Garritan Player software and can't get it to work. The software will make a sound with the built-in keyboard, but I don't get proper notes with the EWI. Added ASIO4ALL, got the latest updates (such a they are) from the Akai site, and nothing.

Grabbed VSTHOST and tried that - same effect.

Anyone have any ideas on getting this working with Windows 8?

Thanks.
    Hello, "Guy" - Sorry you're having trouble. There are at least a few Forum members who work with the EWI and ARIA, and I'm sure they could help you straighten the problem out.

Use the Forum jump menu at the lower bottom right, go to General Discussion and post this same question there, please. That's where most members go now. This tech support Forum where you've posted is rarely visited anymore.

Randy

Go Back to forum