• Register
  • Help

Topic: WOW!!! I like KONTAKT!!

Share/Bookmark

WOW!!! I like KONTAKT!!

I just started programming some \"time machine\" variations of QLBrass....

The time machine is my new essential for sfz/crecendo samples, and some pitch bend stuff. Assigning speed to controller.......WOW! Cooooooooool!!!

I\'m reprogramming VSL Repetitions for this next... Man,...I hope I dont get too addicted to this sampler.

Re: WOW!!! I like KONTAKT!!

Of course not,

but there are too many features in here to ignore Kontakt. In fact some of hese I\'m not so sure I\'d be able to live without, from now on

King,

Would love a tutorial on how your doing the sfx/crescendo thing. I just haven\'t had the time to mess around with Kontakt.

there are a bunch of different options Haydn.

Once I\'m done with some variations and ideas I may do a tutorial..... Or I may just start selling cheap nki files [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Mind you these are processor intensive programming features. Running them on their own machine is much better of an option than within the sequencer.

They are freaking cool tho, I\'ve also giving time control to staccattos for multiple speeds to create more realistic repetitions (still not as good as VSL, but with 4 samples of the same note/velocity I should be able to create some very interesting results.

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    there are a bunch of different options Haydn.

Once I\'m done with some variations and ideas I may do a tutorial..... Or I may just start selling cheap nki files [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Mind you these are processor intensive programming features. Running them on their own machine is much better of an option than within the sequencer.

They are freaking cool tho, I\'ve also giving time control to staccattos for multiple speeds to create more realistic repetitions (still not as good as VSL, but with 4 samples of the same note/velocity I should be able to create some very interesting results.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">King, I haven\'t played with the Time Machine yet, and even after reading a description of it in the manual I\'m still a little foggy on a practical use for it, can you elaborate on some typical ways this feature could be used in a real world setting? Thanks as usual...

Don\'t abandon the Giga ship on us , King!

------------
    Alex Cremers

Well, I\'ve been using it to control crecendo lengths and accents, as well as getting different length staccattos, or Pitch slides. All controllable in realtime.

Its freaking cool for QLB, and makes me realize waht QLSO may have to offer considering the actaul raw samples I heard at NAMM.

There are so many options for mapping that you could do TONS of things and control this different ways

As of right now, I have basic GPC control set to Speed. But I know I could use an envelope to control Speed to make \"rounder\" curves (slowing or speeding only in the middle of the sample, so attacks and ambience decays stay the same), then have a GPC control the speed of the envelope. Alowing for more of a \"length control\" option

Honestly, I have so many ideas with Kontakt now that I wonder if I should really start selling nki files for older giga libs like QLSO. Or maybe I can do some edits and EW will be interested in Selling the lib with a Kontakt version/standalone with my edits.

The only problem I have with this is that its WAY processor intensive. So you cant use way too many of these in real time of in very quick passages.

Go Back to forum