• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Help me pick out a guitar library! AAH!

Share/Bookmark

Help me pick out a guitar library! AAH!

Ok,

I know it\'s always better to hire someone or have a friend play, and I do that already, but sometimes I need a great sampled guitar playing the harmony, and chords. I usually only go live performance for a lead solo. Anyways, I\'m looking for mainly an acoustic guitar library, and saw Pure Guitars for $150. It sounds really good, but I then headed on over to Spectrasonics and checked out that drooling Hans Zimmer Vol. 1 collection. Twice as much at $300, but I also get a great electric collection with it. The acoustic guitar also sounds better. What should I do?! I\'m not rich or anything, and want to make sure the money I spend, is well spent. I kinda need something for a film project I\'m working on, and soon.

BTW...the spectrasonic cd\'s are GIGA compatible right? Do I need to convert the AKAI format? Thanks!

Any info would be great!

Jared

Re: Help me pick out a guitar library! AAH!

I\'m in the same boat. Actually there are many more choices when considering acoustic guitar libraries. I thought the demo for Zimmer Guitars 2 was really good as well.

VSL has also just released a concert guitar library as well, as in classical guitar. I don\'t know if you\'re looking for this or a steel-string type but you have a hard decision ahead of you.

Sorry to make your decision even more difficult. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

You may want to check out the vintage acoustic and electric archtop jazz guitars in the \"Vintage Jazz Guitars and Tenor Banjos\" collection from Bardstown Audio. There are quite a few demos on our web site featuring these acoustic and electric guitars in this collection. All of these instruments have both pick and thumb samples and release note off samples, which capture the sound of the finger coming off of the finger board which adds a great deal of character and realism.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Do check out the guitars from Bardstown Audio.
    They are amazing!

Francis Belardino
    Bela D Media
    www.beladmedia.com

dupe

you kno, it REALLY depends on what you\'re looking for. --EDIT removed a small excerpt about a library, and MY OWN thoughts on it, which I wore I\'d stop doign on this forum--

I think I have a conceptual idea for sampling acoustic strumming and building them at different speeds. I\'ll have to try yet another proof of concept and have it sit on the drawing board until I work up enough frustration to make my own sample lib.

Bigga Giggas used to sell a set, I forget what its called. There were a lot of people talking about that one.

Honest to Architect truth is there isn\'t a great acoustic/electric library out there that covers ALL bases.

You\'re going to end up buying specific libraries for specific tasks/sounds. (in whch case you might want to hire a guitar player and have him/her record what you use most twice and build yuor own lib.

\"EDIT removed a small excerpt about a library, and MY OWN thoughts on it, which I wore I\'d stop doign on this forum..\" [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Jared,

AS far as a guitar library goes, I exclusively use Bardstownaudio.com Vintage Guitars. When it comes to accoustic guitar sounds, nothing comes close to Kip\'s sampling. These Vintage 1948 Gibson guitars just seem to grow on you as you score them for Bossa\'s, Ballads and Jazz Swing selections. You can rest assure that they will sound great for classical guitar too.

A few of my user demos include these guitars here:

http://bardstownaudio.com/frames/mp3.html

such as \"My Cherie Amour\", \"How High The Moon\" and Meditation bring out the beauty in Kip\'s guitars..have a listen when time permits.

On my Website Below, give a listen to
    \"Brazilian Festival\" an original composition I composed this month and \"Where Is The Love\"

Alan Russell

If you\'re interested primarily in 6 string Steel Acoustic, I\'d recommend Zimmer vol.2 compared to vol.1. The Collings Fingerstyle on vol.2 is really wonderful and very versatile for all kinds of fingerstlye acoustic stuff. The Martin on vol.1 is more geared to solo lines.

good luck choosing!

spectrum

Originally posted by Bardstown Audio:
    You may want to check out the vintage acoustic and electric archtop jazz guitars in the \"Vintage Jazz Guitars and Tenor Banjos\" collection from Bardstown Audio. There are quite a few demos on our web site featuring these acoustic and electric guitars in this collection. All of these instruments have both pick and thumb samples and release note off samples, which capture the sound of the finger coming off of the finger board which adds a great deal of character and realism.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Jared,

IMHO, Kip\'s stuff sounds the best. He has enough mp3\'s on his site to get a good idea. I actually called Kip on the phone the other day to talk to him about his libraries and he gave a lot of \'low pressure\' information that was quite helpful. The bottom-line is that these libraries (I am going after the Bosen, Tenor Banjos, and guitars) will sound great a couple of years from now - I think they are that good.

Good luck to you.

Rob

Go Back to forum