• Register
  • Help

Topic: Wontenate

Share/Bookmark

Wontenate

Well, the title has a meaning, but only to me. Recently I composed a group of very short piano works. This work includes three of them. It starts somewhat Baroque in nature, but the end is no longer Baroque. Fairly short, about four minutes.

Wontenate
    https://www.scoreexchange.com/scores/139130.html

The mp3 uses GPO Steinway and Fatar midi controller.

If you wish only to listen, there is a blue mp3 tab in the header area. Streaming only, I think.

To see the score and listen at the same time, you will need the Scorch plug in, available for free download, with instructions on the page.

Richard

Re: Wontenate

I really liked this. I love the way that one motive to carries the piece and does so in a way that does not get boring or stale. I will have to follow along with the score the next I listen to it. Did you have a given form in mind when you were composing this?

Re: Wontenate

Quote Originally Posted by RichardMc View Post
    I really liked this. I love the way that one motive to carries the piece and does so in a way that does not get boring or stale. I will have to follow along with the score the next I listen to it. Did you have a given form in mind when you were composing this?
    Well, thanks for commenting.

I did not have a particular form in mind, as is often the case with me. Traditional forms (as well as tradition in general) and I are not often compatible. I had a rather loose idea of shape in mind, but primarily, I had the musical ideas, and let the music guide me in organizing it.

I have another, longer work nearing completion which might illustrate what I mean. I can not now provide a name, as it changes from day to day. The form is somewhat like a sonata, movements being andante, allegretto, and rondo, con vivo.

Richard

Go Back to forum