• Register
  • Help

Topic: Okay guys, one last prepared piano question...

Share/Bookmark

Okay guys, one last prepared piano question...

I listened to the demos from the previous thread, and they all had their own unique sounds, some which were REALLY cool. But I am looking for something very specific.

I did some diging through my four-track tapes and found (and digitized) the example that I recorded from a real piano, an upright. This is the sound I am looking for but did not seem to find on the demos of the products you guys highlighted last time:

http://www.alanjoseph.com/PreparedPianoDemo.mp3

If anyone could tell me which library will reproduce the sounds that start at about second #15... I would REALLY appreciate it.

AL

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: Okay guys, one last prepared piano question...

Here are some similar sweeps from Total Piano, interspersed with a couple of other sounds from that collection. I was just randomly hitting keys here, so it ain\'t exactly groundbreaking, but I think it probably covers the kinds of sounds you\'re wanting to make (and is reasonably priced).

total piano sounds

There is a lot more variety in the collection than that, muted sounds, etc. Quite a lot, and a few \"lite\" instruments as well, which are kind of bright, pop-py pianos.

Thanks Bruce, that sounds awefully close!

This is Peter Siedlaczek\'s Total Piano?
    If so, I think we\'ve found a winner! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

AL

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Yes, it\'s Peter Siedlaczek\'s Total Piano. Those sounds are just three instruments from one of the .gig files, and there are many more variants than that. Don\'t expect the \"legit\" pianos in the collection to dazzle you too much, but they\'re pretty functional if not as detailed and huge as the current state-of-the-art. They even attack it with power tools.

And you could actually match your example better than I did, because there are quite a few of those whooshes, and I was not being very discriminating in picking them or letting them sound individually.

Go Back to forum