• Register
  • Help

Topic: A composition worth to listen to

A composition worth to listen to

Dear fellow musicians,

I wish to suggest you to listen to this Scherzo for large orchestra written by Yves Berranger, a Notion user, I stepped into this morning during the usual strolling around the web.

There are no Garritan sounds involved in this rendering, so it would be missed, still to me it is a work it is worth to listen to.

Hope you agree with me.

Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Re: A composition worth to listen to

Hi Fabiolcati:

Yes, a very creative composition using a lot of different library instruments. Maybe he doesn't know of or hasn't tried the Garritan libraries yet. Too bad, they could have helped him a great deal in my opinion. Good example here of using a "rhythmic" accompaniment to keep things going.

Didn't know that Notion 4 was out. I used to fool around with Notion 3 and it was good for sounds production, but being a notation program, it left a lot to be desired. Will look into Notion 4.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum