• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Ambient harp piece

Ambient harp piece

Some tree hugging hippy ambient new age music for a change.

File is about 4.6 mb

EWQLSO Harp (close mic), VSL Performance Set flute, lots of Spectrasonics including Atmosphere, DR and lots of plug-in mangling. Reverb is Altiverb (one of those stupendous French cathedrals.)

Re: Ambient harp piece

Very nice Dave! I like it a lot. Definitely my kind of music.

-- Martin

I agree with mschiff. My kind too. I think the pads blend very well with the sound of the harp. Reminds me of some of my stuff in my \"Eno\" phase. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Note to self: I gotta get me some Altiverb. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Isabella Rowlins

Whats the PC equivilent of Altiverb?

You can try Acoustic Mirror by Sonic Foundry (comes with SoundForge), or you can check out SIR which I recently discovered and learned to love. And it\'s free! I\'ve read about Gigapulse too and I\'m looking forward to it.

Dave, your music is wonderful - just the right tempo, the right \"breathing\" and the overall musicality (composition and performance) is superb and it seems to strike directly at the neuro-emotional level. I would have preferred to have the pads panned wider for a more encompassing audio effect. I was listening through earphones and the pads seem to be gearing to the right too often. Those pads are marvelous though - you just sold me on Atmospheres!

Thanks for the wonderful music!

Great piece Dave. Gorgeous reverb.

I hope Gigpulse is as good as Altiverb otherwise I\'ll be buying a Mac. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

very nice piece, reminds me of himalayas and the beautiful vallies in it\'s lap.....it just made me say, i want to be there now...

Thanks for the nice words everyone [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Some of the ambient noises are off to the right to balance with the harp on the left. I must admit I didn\'t check on headphones. I should say a lot of the ambient sounds are not only from Atmosphere but also from Distorted Reality 2 (also Spectrasonics) and there a some highly processed sounds from the old Emu library. I\'m sure you wouldn\'t be disappointed with Atmosphere though!

Some people have bought Macs just to run Altriverb! On paper Gigapulse looks a better product spec wise but it\'s all down to how good the IRs are IMO.

Funny you should mention Himalayas, I was actually thinking of a very colourful coral reef with shoals of darting fish when I wrote it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Whats the PC equivilent of Altiverb?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">As of yet, there\'s no such thing. That\'s why everywone is curious about GigaPulse.

Go Back to forum