• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Ambient harp piece

Share/Bookmark

Ambient harp piece

Some tree hugging hippy ambient new age music for a change.

http://www.btinternet.com/~marsdy/harp16bit.mp3

File is about 4.6 mb

EWQLSO Harp (close mic), VSL Performance Set flute, lots of Spectrasonics including Atmosphere, DR and lots of plug-in mangling. Reverb is Altiverb (one of those stupendous French cathedrals.)

Re: Ambient harp piece

Very nice Dave! I like it a lot. Definitely my kind of music.

-- Martin

I agree with mschiff. My kind too. I think the pads blend very well with the sound of the harp. Reminds me of some of my stuff in my \"Eno\" phase. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Note to self: I gotta get me some Altiverb. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Daedalus

Lovely...

Isabella Rowlins

Whats the PC equivilent of Altiverb?

Ed

You can try Acoustic Mirror by Sonic Foundry (comes with SoundForge), or you can check out SIR which I recently discovered and learned to love. And it\'s free! I\'ve read about Gigapulse too and I\'m looking forward to it.

Dave, your music is wonderful - just the right tempo, the right \"breathing\" and the overall musicality (composition and performance) is superb and it seems to strike directly at the neuro-emotional level. I would have preferred to have the pads panned wider for a more encompassing audio effect. I was listening through earphones and the pads seem to be gearing to the right too often. Those pads are marvelous though - you just sold me on Atmospheres!

Thanks for the wonderful music!

Nhick
    http://www.nhick.com

Great piece Dave. Gorgeous reverb.

I hope Gigpulse is as good as Altiverb otherwise I\'ll be buying a Mac. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

very nice piece, reminds me of himalayas and the beautiful vallies in it\'s lap.....it just made me say, i want to be there now...

Thanks for the nice words everyone [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Nhick:
    Some of the ambient noises are off to the right to balance with the harp on the left. I must admit I didn\'t check on headphones. I should say a lot of the ambient sounds are not only from Atmosphere but also from Distorted Reality 2 (also Spectrasonics) and there a some highly processed sounds from the old Emu library. I\'m sure you wouldn\'t be disappointed with Atmosphere though!

Scott:
    Some people have bought Macs just to run Altriverb! On paper Gigapulse looks a better product spec wise but it\'s all down to how good the IRs are IMO.

Robin:
    Funny you should mention Himalayas, I was actually thinking of a very colourful coral reef with shoals of darting fish when I wrote it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Whats the PC equivilent of Altiverb?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">As of yet, there\'s no such thing. That\'s why everywone is curious about GigaPulse.

Go Back to forum