• Register
  • Help

Topic: KH Solo Strings Not Just for Solos

Share/Bookmark

KH Solo Strings Not Just for Solos

FYI, the following demo was done in Kontakt.

www.kirkhunterstudios.com/Brandenburg3M.mp3

By loading a bunch of different layers and articulations all at once, you can get a great string orchestral sound complete with the feel of a bunch of individual players.

This demo is the Brandenburg Concerto #3. The setup was used by loading in 12 different violins, (4 first violins, 4 second violins and 4 third violins) 6 violas, (2 first violas, 2 second violas and 2 third violas) 6 cellos, (2 first celos, 2 second cellos and 2 third cellos) and 2 double basses.

Best,
    Kirk Hunter
    www.kirkhunterstudios.com

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: KH Solo Strings Not Just for Solos

Hi Kirk,

The violins near the end really caught my ear. That does indeed sound like people, and quite authentic. Very cool.

Bruce

Wow. And here I\'ve been using the solo strings as faux (and temporary) ensembles by simply drenching them in reverb.

I like the \"grit\". Perfect for smaller ensembles. Who wants chamber music dripping honey anyway? Want it smoother? I would think that a touch more reverb would give a nice blend. Running each \"player\" through an impulse reverb with slightly different pan and pre-delay could be *really* interesting.

And the odd micro-tuning deviation gives a definite reality to the piece. Don\'t ever change that! Perfection erases character. And character is hard to come by in computer-generated music. I challenge anybody to call *these* strings synthy.

It looks like I\'ll be building some mew Giga templates soon...

Hi Krik,

I get more impressed by Krik Hunted Strings by the minute. I was also very impressed by Jon\'s chicken sh*t! Good sh*t that!!

I bet Jon could tweak your Brandenberg to an even higher standard! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Just being provocative, forgive me.

Frank

Clever use of solo\'s Kirk.

Just goes to show how a sample can be made to sound great even when used out of its original or intended context.

Just needs someone with the thought and the skill to do it.

nice one.

Originally posted by ninriggs:
    Clever use of solo\'s Kirk.

Just goes to show how a sample can be made to sound great even when used out of its original or intended context.

Just needs someone with the thought and the skill to do it.

nice one.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks. Actually, it was not hard to do at all. Just loaded them up and played the parts.

Best,
    Kirk Hunter
    www.kirkhunterstudios.com

Go Back to forum