• Register
  • Help

Topic: New Libraries Announced At Namm

Share/Bookmark

New Libraries Announced At Namm

Well, anything? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: New Libraries Announced At Namm

The most promising ones I saw (besides the orchestral stuff) were StormDrums and Percussive Adventures 2 at the East West booth. Looks like both have their own software engine. The both actually seem like they do similar big film style percussion.

No Giga format was listed on the website.

you\'re gonna hate it Munz, but Hardcore bass was at the East West booth, but not in Giga format.

I\'ve known abou tthis sucker for a bit and have been waiting to hear you scream \"noooooo\" [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It sounds freaking awesome BTW, so you\'ll definitely want to get it. Its a standalone application, so you dont need to buy another sample player, you just load it up and you go to town. I didn\'t see any extra features cuz the demoing guys there were pretty much \"yah go check it out, whatever, and not into explainng stuff to me\" (these guys get paid for this? if so I need a raise from 0 bucks to whatever they get [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ).

Anyhow, I\'m guessing there are 5 dynamics or so, and multiple samples for \"alternations\" and lots of articulations. When I talked to nick there were 4 or 5 String basses through different amps and mics. It *IS* the sound you\'ve been looking for, I can tell you that.

This and Tob\'s guitar and DKfH will be your virtual rock band.....and everyone elses for quite some time [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I have to give my props to Nick, he was talking all day and really into showing the libs, but had to focus on QLSO. Same for the guys at VSL, lots of talking and showing, but when it came to most everywhere else no one cared about talking to you. Tho Donnie showed me the new saxes which sounded pretty cool....hidden behind the rest of the loud freaking show

Have I mentioned that I still DO NOT get NAMM. Its one gigantic show about audio stuff, at which you cant hear a damn thing.

the only reason I heard VSL, was their \"sound proof\" booth, and QLSO also had a \"quiet room\". Storm Drums and Hardcore Bass were BLASTING out of monitors and while I could tell the libs sounded good, it hurt my ears to listen to anything for more than a minute.

I didn\'t hear Perc Adv 2, but I wanted to. I did some work on StormDrums some time back and I knew it was gonna be awesome, but it now is blowing me away. I realise Nick\'s goal on it, and would be excited to work on a StormDrums two if it ever happens, because its freaking cool [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

\"you\'re gonna hate it Munz, but Hardcore bass was at the East West booth, but not in Giga format. I\'ve known abou tthis sucker for a bit and have been waiting to hear you scream \"noooooo\" \"

This would appear to be a love/hate announcement for me. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Hey, on one hand I can beech about it and on the other I can embrace the fact that new libraries ARE being made. So you won\'t hear me screaming \"noooo\" about this new bass library. Hey, perhaps I can sell my Line 6 Bass Pod Pro!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the information about the new libraries coming out.

Go Back to forum