• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: VSL and EWQLSO

Share/Bookmark

Re: VSL and EWQLSO

I know I recognized that name! =) But I cannot recall any credits.. I need that $50 memory exercise book.

Ally Mcbeal, early Sliders (or was it late? Danny and Rob Kral both did this show pretty exclusive I believe)

quite a few others, some film work I believe, and a couple TV themes if I\'m not mistaken.

There are three of the top \"TV series\" guys on this list that actually do post from time to time.

Danny being one of them

Chris Beck (who I got to see but not meet at NAMM)

and Rob Kral

another one that prolyl views the board from time to time is Mark Snow

In fact I\'m sure a couple of the other big boys check this board out from time to time, but will never post.

They dont have the time, and aren\'t willing to deal with the \"can I have your internet autograph\" syndrome it\'d create.

bummed I didn\'t get a chance to meet you Danny.

King, can I have your autograph?

hehe

you get my signature everytime I post [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    Ally Mcbeal, early Sliders (or was it late? Danny and Rob Kral both did this show pretty exclusive I believe)

quite a few others, some film work I believe, and a couple TV themes if I\'m not mistaken.

There are three of the top \"TV series\" guys on this list that actually do post from time to time.

Danny being one of them

Chris Beck (who I got to see but not meet at NAMM)

and Rob Kral

another one that prolyl views the board from time to time is Mark Snow

In fact I\'m sure a couple of the other big boys check this board out from time to time, but will never post.

They dont have the time, and aren\'t willing to deal with the \"can I have your internet autograph\" syndrome it\'d create.

bummed I didn\'t get a chance to meet you Danny.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I had to duck out early, but I saw you there too Mr. King. You were the cursing guy in the corner right? Here\'s a handshake. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Sounds like Danny has made his choice for now, but until the QL stuff is properly put together I\'m gonna wait. The natural ambience of the QL lib is important to me and it sounds terrific.

- Chris

Of course Chris Beck can make any library sound amazing!
    Danny Lux

hehe, yup..that was me

(QLSO timp hit)

That ****ing RAAAWWWWWKS!!!

that was the second QLSO demo I was at too, I just hung through the first one to the second.

anyhow, handshake back at ya Chris.

On a side note, I have to say. Both these libraries are going to introduce a new world of music for all forms of media.

They\'ve just started re-airing the first season of Buffy on Sunday\'s. I never got into the show until this season, which I believe is the 7th. Its amazing how different the music sounds, in terms of realism. The amount of sample library advancement that has happened is pretty staggering. Not to mention the amount of time these libraries are letting users focus on composition, instead of \"how do I make this not sound so bad\". (edit, of course these guys have prolyl sampled their own stuff too)

I know first hand now that both libraries are a kick in the *** . The ambience in QLSO will make getting it to sound \"huge\" easier, and the legato in VSL will help performances have more realistic phrasing.

Anyway, I\'m using both,...now I jsut need ot go find something to use them on (damn 500k video game banks)

More giga machiens on the way soon.

also, I forgot one of my favorite TV themes for Danny, News Radio.

VSL and EWQLSO

I caught both demos at NAMM, and both libraries are very good. The recording techniques of each library are vastly different as most of you already know. For me personally, sonically both libraries are excellent. I really want the library that is the most realistic and useable without alot of effort.
    Nick gave the demo for EWQLSO. The library is in a very rough state programming wise at the moment, but still Nick played various patches in real time with decent realistic results. I am sure the library will become even better when the programming improves. The percussion in particular was great sounding.
    The VSL demo was simply stunning. The \"legato tools\", etc. show amazing forward thinking in new ideas. I would suggest getting the demo cube to play with these tools. The realism can not be expressed enough. There are so many amazing and groundbreaking features with this library. The library looks fairly easy to use, which was my biggest fear.
    I don\'t want to babble on too much, but to sum it up, in my opinion EWQLSO sounds like excellent sounding samples.
    VSL sounds almost completely real and not like samples.
    Both libraries are excellent.
    I bought the VSL. The sonic arguments/recording techniques are not my bigest concern. Some may feel different.
    I hope this helps some of you. These libraries are expensive, and I know it\'s frustrating trying to find out the maximum amount of info before the purchase.
    Good luck...either library will improve our tools by a great amount.
    Danny Lux

Thanks for your input, Danny. Your name carries a lot of weight in this forum and I\'m sure VSL is going to be great for you. I\'m looking forward to hearing these new libraries in movie and tv productions.

Thomas

Hi King,

Don\'t forget Boston Public for Danny. And don\'t base too much on the first season of Buffy...I\'m pretty sure that was pre-Beck, and the music was so-so when compared to the rest of the seasons. Seasons 2-4 of Buffy, and all of the Angel scores by Rob...now *there\'s* some realism. Just goes to show you how a library is only as good as the person using it.
    -Hudson

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    They\'ve just started re-airing the first season of Buffy on Sunday\'s. I never got into the show until this season, which I believe is the 7th. Its amazing how different the music sounds, in terms of realism.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast