• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: I'm back......

I\'m back......

Worra\'s Place
    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: I\'m back......

Welcome back, W!

Myrtle Beach, SC (USA)

Hello Worra, glad you are back up and running! ......... Gary [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

My new company, SampleTekk, will launch 1:st of January 2004, and will have several new libraries that are in production right now.
    Currently, most energy is put down on a piano that I\'m certain will raise a lot of attention.
    Here\'s a little \"teaser\":

SampleTekk’s White Grand
    The Ultimate Studio Grand Piano .
    This unique instrument with its clarity and brightness, gives you THE studio grand piano.
    Never before has a grand piano been sampled with such accuracy!
    Notes was sampled thirty-six, (36!) times, in different velocities, with sustain pedal up/down and special release samples, to give you control over your playing in a way that hasn’t been possible in any other sample piano. This is possible only by the use of SLH , a specially developed digital recording system, designed by SampleTekk.

You get an astonishing 32 different velocity samples, not only layers, but 32 DIFFERENT samples per note, (plus 4 release samples).
    This gives you a control over the dynamics that surpasses all today existing sampled pianos.

White Grand gives you not one sampled instrument, but two! When recording, two different stereo pairs where used, one taken with close microphones and one where some ambient microphones where used.
    This gives White Grand an outstanding control over sound and timbre. You can chose from close microphones, that gives you a bright, yet full tone, that cuts through in virtually any mix, or you can use the ambient version, a result of a different microphone placement, giving you a more airy sound, (still bright though).
    You can also mix those two versions to your personal taste giving you an almost endless range of possibilities.

There are several different instruments included. You have a chose between the full 32 velocity versions with release samples to “lite” versions, designed to give you ultimate playing experience for different occasions. (We prefer to put “lite” inside quotation marks, since our “lite” versions are bigger then most other sampled pianos on the market today!)

The instrument was recorded in Studio Kuling, Sweden, in a room specially built and designed to record acoustic instruments.
    All equipment used where chosen to deliver the best result possible.

White Grand was recorded in 24 bits and will be offered in 16 and 24 bits versions in all major sampler formats.
    Upgrade patches will be available for registered users when the sampler technology catches up…..

I really like to hear this piano. 32 different dynamics per note? How much memory is that going to take up? When do you think a demo is going to be available?

Alex Cremers

Originally posted by Alexcremers:
    I really like to hear this piano. 32 different dynamics per note? How much memory is that going to take up? When do you think a demo is going to be available?

Alex Cremers
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">16 samples pedal up, 16 samples pedal down + 4 releasesamples.
    It\'s made up from 4 different gigs that are loaded in the 4 different ports in Gst (you need Gst 160), three for the different velocities and 1 for the releasesamples.
    I runned it on a machine that has 512Mb of RAM.
    Total size on the instrument are +3.5Gb, so for both the close and ambient gigs, that\'s plus 7 Gb
    Actually, I can probably have some demos from te beta ready in a day or so.

Alex Cremers

Ok, just for the forum!
    Here\'s two demos done whit the recent beta:
    White Grand Beta 1
    White Grand Beta 2

This is made using the close version, and yes, it\'s close & bright!

are there any sampled trills or tremolo effects? If not, could you add some?

Karlskrona, Sweden

I like the fact that this is a \'real\' library, not dependant on yet another plug-in. Great stuff!

Go Back to forum