• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan Stradivari Solo Violin- No longer available? Is it in their Personal Orchest

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Stradivari Solo Violin- No longer available? Is it in their Personal Orchest

I've heard some good things about the Solo Violin that was associated with Kontakt 2, so it must be several years old. Garritan doesn't show this as a separate product anymore. Is it in one of their orchestra packages? I looked at the Personal Orchestra, and the violin looked like a run of the mill violin with dedicated key switches at the bass-end of the keyboard.

Re: Garritan Stradivari Solo Violin- No longer available? Is it in their Personal Orc

Unfortunately, this library is no longer available. The solo violins in Garritan Personal Orchestra are not the same and have very basic articulations and programming. At this time, there is not another library that works like the Strad.

Jim

Re: Garritan Stradivari Solo Violin- No longer available? Is it in their Personal Orc

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    Unfortunately, this library is no longer available. The solo violins in Garritan Personal Orchestra are not the same and have very basic articulations and programming. At this time, there is not another library that works like the Strad.

Jim

Any idea why? Wasn't this addressing a need people have out there, or is everyone content to do non-real time editing? Seems to me that non-real time editing is tedious and stunts inspiration.

While migrating to a new laptop recently, the Garritan Stradivarius Violin and Gofriller Cello were virtual instruments I took great care to bring over. They're still two of the most musical VI's in my collection. I never understood why they were discontinued.

Check out Audiobro LASS First Chair. It's a little harsh but with massaging and good reverb the solo strings are realistic and musical. Round robins and even detuning here and there for realism.

Eleanor Rigby Using LASS First Chair.

Go Back to forum