• Register
  • Help

Topic: String Quartet Nr. 2, part 2 - Vienna Special Edition Strings V1 / V1 Plus

Share/Bookmark

String Quartet Nr. 2, part 2 - Vienna Special Edition Strings V1 / V1 Plus

Just for the weekend, in a romantic mood......

Part 2 of the new string quartet (flac format)

Made with Vienna Special Edition Strings V1 / V1 Plus (these are Solo strings).
    Notation Overture. Wave output from Overture in which all keyswitches and CC's are dealt with.
    SONAR for final rendering- equalizing, balance and reverb (Altiverb with Wisseloord Studio)

I've finished the first three parts, part four in still in construction. When ready, I will post the complete string quartet.

Have a nice sunday folks

Raymond

Re: String Quartet Nr. 2, part 2 - Vienna Special Edition Strings V1 / V1 Plus

Very nice slow movement. I liked the harmonies and the sense of momentum that you are able to achieve at this slow tempo. I look forward to the remaining parts.

Raymond,

Sorry to take so long at getting back to you on this. I take a lot of mini vacations and also seem to attract unintentional time outs which waylay me for a bit.

I love string quartets because they are so easy to hear the separate lines of the four instruments. You do a very good job at positioning these instruments to get the most out of the lines. Very good rendering.

I love how you start the piece in a more block chordal fashion and then slowly increase the rhythmic tempo of the instruments. It works very well here.

Also love the variation at around 2:30 with the pizz notes injected into the tonal fabric.

Have to say though, you’re a big tease, I want to hear the other movements right now and of course I can’t. I’m so demanding. Patience has never been a great virtue of mine.

Seriously, looking forward to the rest of the opus.

Cass

Started my day with this; it will be a very good day.
    Thank you Raymond
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Go Back to forum