• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Comments Welcomed

Comments Welcomed

Here\'s a piece I am posting for your downloading pleasure, leisure, and, above all, your critical review. For those of you who decide to download the piece, let me know if you do so successfully. This is the first time I am posting.

Aggressive short bows are featured in this piece.

I welcome your comments.

Re: Comments Welcomed

Wow! Thank you! This is a wonderful piece. The orchestration is very clear and very well balanced. I like that.

Thanks. Keep up the good work.

Download successful.

This one is awesome! The composition is very clever and and very nice sense of space in the mixing! What sample libraries did you use? What effects?

My only other comments are that the flute is a bit too loud compared to the strings at the beginning and the brass parts are a bit too soft. Also, you could put more color by playing around with wider dynamics. This could bring out a more \'scherzo\' character.

Otherwise, everything\'s just perfect!

More, more, more!

(Gosh, I\'ve listened to a lot of songs in this forum during the last few weeks and almost all of them are fantastic! I\'m a new member and this is just my second message here. I\'m also new to Giga and I\'m wondering where the hell I was during all those years I\'ve been looking for the best orchestral sounds for my music.)

nice composition and a very nice mix i must say

Many thanks for your comments. The strings are mostly from the Garritan Strings collection. I added some staccato strings from the MV library and layered them with the Garritan Violin Sul Tasto/Xfade strings. The latter are very useful for quick and light string runs, but they lack an aggressive edge which I often desire.

The trumpet, flute, woodwind section, and percussion (except for the shaker) are from the MV library. The xylophone is from the AO vol 5.

Besides the trumpet, there\'s not much brass other than the muted trombone staccato stabs.

I agree about the flute. It strikes me as being too forward in the mix.

Thanks again.

great piece, I agree the flutes a bit loud tho [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Not bad!
    One thing more you could do is to pass off what the flute was playing to other instruments, or at least one other instrument like the string section.
    Also, some key changes would be cool too.
    And more dynamics as someone else said.

Anthony Lombardi

I forgot to mention that, believe it or not, this piece actually reminded me of the I Love Lucy theme!
    I replayed it and noticed the rhythm of the flute melody is almost the same. Of course the melody and the whole piece is completely different though.
    I guess I have a pretty strange associative memory when it comes to music.

Anthony Lombardi

Marko, you got some s\'plainin\' to do!

Go Back to forum