• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: PMI Bosendorfer for those who can't sleep

Share/Bookmark

PMI Bosendorfer for those who can\'t sleep

Clock says it\'s 3:49 AM. Here\'s something for you guys who can\'t sleep tonight:

http://nhick.com/music/RU_Sleeping_NRP.mp3

Enjoy!

Nhick
    http://www.nhick.com

Re: PMI Bosendorfer for those who can\'t sleep

Enjoyed it indeed!

Great!

Wow! That\'s some pianist! Did you actually play this? Bravo!

------------
    Alex Cremers

Wow! Those are fast replies! I just went away to brush my teeth to get ready to bed.

I recorded this about two years ago. I played it on the spot (with some quantizing afterwards) but a lot slower as I intended it to be a lullabye. Two days later, I discovered that it sounds a lot more exciting when I cranked up the speed almost three times! Now that I have PMI Bos, it\'s sounds even better!

Nah, I don\'t think I can play it at this tempo (at least the later half - sorry to disappoint), but I can at 120bpm at the most. A seasoned pianist can probably do it. I know it can be done. I just don\'t have the hands! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Night!

Nhick

Hi Nick! Great stuff (as usual). I like this clip very much. It sounds so real. I would never have guessed you speeded it up 3 times!!!
    What a way to wake up, I\'m no longer sleeping. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Nhice Nhick!

I haven\'t heard a variation of \'frere jacques\' (Don\'t know the full latin name!) like that before. Nhice piano two; it\'s amazing they\'re starting to sound just like real ones [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . Prehaps slightly too quantised for my taste but probably accentuated due to the crank up.

Frank

Thanks, Michiel! That, coming from you, is wonderful news! Isn\'t it funny the way things turn out sometimes?

Frank, you\'re right about the quantization. It just sounded perfect at that time. Realizing later on, after so many saving and editing, that I just took out the \'human\' aspect of the song, I couldn\'t go back to undo it anymore. Might have to get the notation and play it again, which really spoils the fun because it just takes out the sense of improvisation on my part. I will also then have to practice it and nothing could be more frustrating than not getting the notes right.

Thank you both!

Nhick

High Nhick,

That\'s always been the great achilles heel of MIDI. Doesn\'t it really annoy you when you have tweaked and honed a passage to have just right expression, timing and feel for a particular instrument, then you change the tempo or instrument and the the same MIDI data is next to useless. No wonder some folk just play it in straight from the keyboard! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Frank

I like it, but I think the name should be \"Were you sleeping?\"

Aside from the great improvisatory skill this piece demonstrates, you make the pmi (wet) sample sound about as good as it gets. I think I hear just a tad of added verb, but very, very little.

JG

Go Back to forum