• Register
  • Help

Topic: Peter Siedlaczek´s Advanced Orchester Set

Share/Bookmark

Peter Siedlaczek´s Advanced Orchester Set

Hi Guys!
    I\'m an Austrian amateur musican that likes to compose movie-score-like music for myself.
    Till last year i only my Korg Trinity and was realy impressed of the \"realistic\"-Orchetra Sounds. But then i took me a heart and bought Peter Siedlaczek´s Advanced Orchetra Set and Halion 1.3(\'cause my GS20 did not work on the same pc as cubase), and once more i was more than impressed of the absolute realistic sound.
    I\'m shure, professionals like most of you wont give advice, but guys.... what the hell do i hav to do,to get that extreme real movie-score sound that most of u have. Shure,I\'ll have to compress and use reverberation,BUT HOW.

!! Could anyone help me ??

I\'ve made following setup:
    (only using AdvancedOrchesterSet)
    Violine1(Pan left),Violine2(Pan center/for european orchetra),Chelli(Pan right) on output 1/2 of my Halion with TC NAtive Reverb 1.5 as Insert-Effect.
    Same for Brass and Contrabas on output 3/4 with little bit more Reverb, and Percussion on output(5/6) with much effect.
    But whats the secret for that smooth sound?????
    I would do nearly anything to get it.
    Any ideas,advices,hints,examples???
    PLEASE HELP,tell me setting to make!!

I\'ve posted my latest work that i\'ve done tonight so you can hear my problem. http://www.northernsounds.net/useruploads/img3e293e706d8cd.mp3

Re: Peter Siedlaczek´s Advanced Orchester Set

First , if your composition and orchestration is not as big movie score, then it will not sound as a big movie score.. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Do not use compression, and use some nice verb like Acoustic mirror.

And also since you use AO, control your orchestra with the CC Expression... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Good luck..

Alex

CC Expression?

Hallo NOYS,

Wie geht\'s?

I would suggest buying the Wien Symphony Orchestral Cube when you can. This collection of samples will help improve the quality of your film work.

continous controler nuber 11 called expression

sorry for not being clear.. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Alex

Thanks for the hint with the controller 11. Will try it tonight. :-)

By the way: How do you enter your tracks. Do you rough select the bow-directions and expressions live or do your edit them afterwords?

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by lex:

Do not use compression, and use some nice verb like Acoustic mirror.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Actually compression can be extremely beneficial, especially if you\'re blending different source material. Like all studio tools it can be abused, but compression is a mainstay of audio engineering.

To the original poster: Things will get better. Read some books on audio engineering and try to get an understanding of the principles used. While there are certainly more modern orchestral libraries than AO, many fine composers and producers have used those sounds to make very good sounding music.

Tried controller 11,but halion doesn\'t support it. Tried to get GS2.53 to run with cubase VST5.2 at same computer again,but again without luck.

BY the way:
    I didn\'t beleave that my works would ever sound like an real-moviescore \'cause i\'m an tru amateur,but i should be possible to get an single string-orchestra sound to sound like that. I love that smooth,little diffuse sound,but it seems im too stupid to do that. :-(

Thanks for all that help. Maybe GS will run with VST for me soon.

Doesn\'t expression just control a filter?

Anyway, AO certainly doesn\'t have that great a sound when it comes to the strings. So don\'t expect much from it, you\'d be much better off getting the mini version of Garritan or SI strings.

Originally posted by Sovereign:
    Doesn\'t expression just control a filter?

Anyway, AO certainly doesn\'t have that great a sound when it comes to the strings. So don\'t expect much from it, you\'d be much better off getting the mini version of Garritan or SI strings.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Don\'t think so...
    Controls the volume without afecting the midi chanel volume..

Alex

Go Back to forum