• Register
  • Help

Topic: I blame Randy...

Share/Bookmark

I blame Randy...

...for the 5 hours I spent with tutorials on ableton, kontakt, audio output/inputs, showing how to get the correct audio stream through the 16 stereo outputs of each plug-in into audio tracks...

Thanks for the indirect motivation to get it done, Randy! All sorted now.

I now have an audio output track for every single midi track. Each audio track has all the mixing plug ins adjusted, and when it comes time I can simply record all the tracks at once in one pass to those tracks, switch off the MIDI and mix away.

Oh happy day!! :-)
    www.grahamplowman.com
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel
    Twitter:
    @GPComposer
    Facebook:
    Facebook

Re: I blame Randy...

Quote Originally Posted by Plowking View Post
    ...for the 5 hours I spent with tutorials on ableton, kontakt, audio output/inputs, showing how to get the correct audio stream through the 16 stereo outputs of each plug-in into audio tracks...

Thanks for the indirect motivation to get it done, Randy! All sorted now.

I now have an audio output track for every single midi track. Each audio track has all the mixing plug ins adjusted, and when it comes time I can simply record all the tracks at once in one pass to those tracks, switch off the MIDI and mix away.

Oh happy day!! :-)

That is just awesome, Graham! I'm glad to have been a motivator - I know you worked with the idea of mixing audio before, and it wasn't so much fun, - but this sounds like now that you've gotten the specific info you needed for the stuff you use, that it will probably go smoother for you. I sure think the results you got on "Beyond The Stars" currently up in the Listening Room shows that you can up the ante in your recordings working this way. Your tracks always sound great, but if this really is smoother going for you now, it's quite possible you'll go hog wild with all advantages mixing with audio can give you.

Great - Thanks for letting us know--More power to you!

Randy

Go Back to forum