• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The clover waltz

The clover waltz

This is a traditional jazz piano trio piece. It uses Galaxy vintage D piano, Trillian bass, JABB brush set 1 and additional percussion hits from a variety of sources. Please give it a listen and tell me what you think.
    Thanks, Jay

Re: The clover waltz

I've probably used this line before - But the reply to your request is I think I love it!

wow, all the instruments sound just great, and it's such a breezy, fluid and extremely musical rendition.

I bow to you and your superb jazz chops, Jay.

Thank you very much Randy! I was thinking that I may not get a lot of input on this because of the style, but I decided to post it anyway because I personally like the tune a little and I wanted to try out the Galaxy piano. I thank you for your input on this. Jay

Sounds superb. Your production on these jazz pieces is second to none with all the instruments sounding rich and authentic. The new piano is just excellent.
    YouTube Music:
    My Channel

Hey Graham! Thanks a lot. The Galaxy piano does have a good sound to it. I have not purchased it yet, but I think I just might do that. Thanks for the listen. Jay

My foot is still moving. I love jazz and when I listen to an arrangement like this I am reminded why.Very well done.

Thanks Richard! I am glad that I got your foot moving with this. Jay

When I hear one of your smooth jazz numbers, I always think that I’m downtown at one of my favorite clubs, relaxing and hearing this live.

I can’t imagine anyone rending and mixing this style any better than you on any forum. I mean it!

I bought the Vintage D about 3 months ago. It’s a perfect match for smooth jazz as you so expertly shown here. I also like the bass notes better than most sampled pianos. They’re just more rich and have that beautiful overtone ring to them .

I also want to thank you for your answer to my question regarding a former post on how you compose for guitar. I really appreciated knowing how you go about it. It was very informative.

Great tune,

Hey Cass! Thanks for the listen on this. I had fun writing this and I am quite pleased with the sound of the galaxy piano. It seems to have a pretty good full bodied sound to it. I think that the JABB brush set is also pretty effective for this type of song. I was trying to set up a nightclub setting with this piece, with a laid back kind of sound. I am glad that it came thru that way. Your comments are much appreciated. Jay

A really cool jazz tune. You seem to have a good understanding on how to idiomatically write for this genre. Loved both the composition and the rendering. I especially liked the piano playing and the harmonies. Good work!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast