• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone spoken to TASCAM at NAMM?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone spoken to TASCAM at NAMM?

Now that NAMM seems to have started and some people have already posted comments on their experience, I wonder: Has anyone spoken to the Giga developers at NAMM? Did they show up? Did they shake their heads and turn away when asked about 3.0? Or did they give some information in addition to the official statements?
    I wish I could find out first hand, but I\'m in Europe, with no chance of attending...

Re: Anyone spoken to TASCAM at NAMM?

Did they shake their heads and turn away when asked about 3.0?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Nope...Dave Casey said they were looking at releasing 3.0 in the April-May time frame, but you know how reliable S/W development schedules are. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

BTW, I\'m wondering if the PCI card is a precursor of an semi-embedded environment for Giga...like chip based effects and instruments that are project reconfigurable. Might be good way to control the PC environment and off-load the S/W bottlenecks as well as generating a captive sound card market for Tascam. Yikes...I like my Delta 1010! (Damn, Maudio was sure making a big splash at NAMM...didn\'t realize how big they are - Cakewalk, too.)

Neal

Go Back to forum