• Register
  • Help

Topic: question about creating a multiport midi interface

Share/Bookmark

question about creating a multiport midi interface

Hi All
    I know that Gigastudio suports 4in /4 out midi ports .
    Just wondering instead of running out and buying one can I use a few of the cheap pci cards that I have around here and disable the audio under the drivers tab and just use the midi.
    Right now I am using a darla 24 for the audio for giga studio and cakewalk[It works great].
    But Ive had to disable the audio on my soundblaster live card because of conflicts .
    So Im only use the sb card for it\'s midi function .
    I also have a ensonic audio pci card and a creative audio pci card laying around not being used.
    I wonder if I can also to those two cards[then Ill have 3 in/ and 3 out midi capability] and disable the audio to aviod conflicts

Re: question about creating a multiport midi interface

Kenn159,

This should be fine. We don\'t really care if the MidiIns come from one or multiple cards. However, I would make sure that there are no conflicts when you enable the multiple midiIn ports. Try recording from the multiple midi In ports concurrently within Cakewalk. If you get valid data on all the ports, and no dropped midi events, then I would say there are no conflicts. Then it should be just a matter of setting up the GigaStudio.

Hope this helps
    Joe (NemeSys)

Re: question about creating a multiport midi interface

Cool
    Thanks Joe

Go Back to forum