• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Bardstown Piano And Guitar User Demo

Share/Bookmark

Bardstown Piano And Guitar User Demo

Special Thanks To John Fairhurst for his mixing suggestion.

This is a 2nd mix (club to stage room effect added)

Here\'s a brief 4 piece Jazz ensemble arrangement of the classic \"All Of Me\"

It features two of Bardstownaudio.com wonderful samples which include the Borsendorfer Imperial Grand Piano and the Archtop 1948 Gibson Guitar.

In collaboration with Bardstownaudio, Kip McGinnis replaced the Acoustic Bass for his Trilogy Acoustic Bass.

What I really enjoyed about this Jazz classic tune was how nice the Trilogy Acoustic Bass Blends with Kip\'s samples. I hope you\'ll agree too!

The percussion is from the Motif 8 Dr. Jazz Kit collection.
    Key: C Tempo Set At 140:BPM

http://bardstownaudio.com/mp3/allofme.mp3

Your comments are greatly appreciated.

Alan Russell

Re: Bardstown Piano And Guitar User Demo

Nice work! Very real. The piano, drums and bass are especially convincing. As a guitarist I can tell that the archtop is sampled, but there are a few small bends and slides that caught my ear as very realistic.

As for the performance, the bass solo was really tasty. And your piano chops get smoother by the week.

Regarding the mix, I felt that the piano was just a touch forward, but it\'s well within the margins of many real jazz mixes I\'ve heard.

Roll off the highs and lows, add a bunch of ambience, put it in a nightclub scene and every movie goer with be convinced that there\'s a live quartet on stage.

Alan,

Great arrangement of this old 42nd Street favorite, which is also one of my favorites!

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Alan, I you always manage to do my favorite tunes. And where do you get all those jazz licks??? You keep pulling new ones out...are you like 200 years old... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I always notice your guitar licks sound so cool and realistic. Do you use any type of midi file for these? The sample goes a long way, but you seem to able to articulate in a very realistic manner.

As usual, the Bards Bose is in a class by itself. Beautiful, lovely samples. Are you using the 24 bit version?

Oh yeah, thanks for doing \"Masquerade\"..I\'m a life long Leon Russell fan..Leon Lives!

Good work, and thanks for sharing!!

Sporter,

thanks for your support and kind thoughts. My dad who I lost in year 2000 of May is attributed for the teaching me of all my club date tunes on the Tenor Sax at age 12. If it weren\'t for him, the lateness in learning these classic tunes would\'ve been much delayed. Playing those kinds of late shows at 14 years old with the show band in the Catskill Region of NY in the 1960\'s was some experience..

Did you get to listen to the 2nd mix?
    John Fairhurst was quite instrumental here in his suggestion.

Thanks again..

Alan Russell

Jon,

I\'d like to thank you for all of time you have offered in suggesting very worth while mixing ideas. You have enlightened me and I do value your critiques with the highest regard.

Thanks for the listen and I\'ll be experimenting with a Room-Club effect on the 2nd mix when time permits..

Alan Russell

Alan,

I like the re-mix of this great tune much better where you have set the piano back in the mix with some ambience. This has much more of a live jazz club sound.

Great job!

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Alan, this is great! I\'m always amazed at your ability to make sampled jazz sound so real and your improvisational skills.

Ray,

thanks so much and I hope to bring many more tunes to the sampled community.

At this moment Kip McGinnis and I are collaborating about the use of the Dearmond Jazz Guitar sample as a track to a second alternative version to this user Demo.
    If it becomes a go, it will be posted soon.

thanks again and keep posting those C. Parker (Bird) tunes.

Alan Russell

Originally posted by Alan Russell:
    Sporter,

Did you get to listen to the 2nd mix?
    John Fairhurst was quite instrumental here in his suggestion.

Thanks again..

Alan Russell
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes, much better. Could be my imagination, but the bass sounds better. It seems to blend in where I remember it being a little \"punchy\" before.

Good work, my friend!

Go Back to forum