• Register
  • Help

Topic: Time to "Get Down and Dance" with the Wind Ensemble

Ten acres in 10000 lakes!

Time to "Get Down and Dance" with the Wind Ensemble

I wrote this one just for fun. I have two different versions of this. The first was written a long time ago with Kontact and very little Garritan:

(I know, it's long and repetitive)

And this one with Garritan for Wind Ensemble:

Writing music for the joy of it. (with Windows 7 64bit, Intel i7 processor, 12GB memory, LOTS of disk space, Finale 2014, Garritan GPO, JABB3, COMB, Steinway, World Instruments, & Soundiron Olympus Micro Choir. And if I ever figure out how to use Sonar X2...the sky's the limit)

Re: Time to "Get Down and Dance" with the Wind Ensemble

Hey Mitch! This is one interesting piece of work. I certainly can hear the dance effect that you are trying to get. I am not sure about the use of woodwinds on this though. I think some nice sharp brass hits on this to bring out the percussive feel would be appropriate. I like the rhythmic interplay that you have going. This is definitely different.
    Thanks for posting. Jay

Re: Time to "Get Down and Dance" with the Wind Ensemble

Hi, Mitch - Really nice to see you here with music again.

And when you say you did this one "just for fun," I can see what you mean now that I've listened to these two versions. The pop music stylings with the unexpected instrumentation is really striking. Cool, I like it. The first recording is the more successful of the two I think, but they're both interesting. Some sonic issues dull the effect a bit I think, like less reverb may have made the effect punchier, and there seems to be the limited dynamic range common in notation renderings.

But it's something a bit different, fresh - I admire that a lot.

Go Back to forum