• Register
  • Help

Topic: sfx library

Share/Bookmark

sfx library

Hi,

can anyone recommend THE sfx library? Just found out, how many game composers and sounddesigners are in here, so you MUST know [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I\'m just about to find out, that it seems to be the same, as with all those instrument libraries, especially the orchestral ones: you never have enough [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I use bestservice\'s \"dvd studio box\" so far and it\'s ok. Nice thing, to have all the files searchable as .wav. But - working a lot with it for radioplay-stuff during the last and for the next months, I find more and more things missing. Although I\'m in this business for quite a time now, I never heard of Sound-Ideas before, who I recently found in www. At least, their web page looks very promising... on the other hand, they have only audio-cd-format. And noone seems to distribute their library in EU... What about Hollywood Edge? At least, that one\'s quicksound-ready...
    AND - somehow related to this: I sometimes still use Symphonic Adventures and Scoring Tools. Are there any alternatives or newer products? Are those sound-beds or illustration-bits (also Sound-Ideas etc.) any good?

thx,
    sönke

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: sfx library

I recommend Hollywood Edge very highly. The QuickSound implementation is absolutely flawless.

I have the libraries of Sound Ideas to work with, but I didn´t choose to buy it. That decision was made by other people in the company, before I was here and I have to live with it.

What I hear from demos, the Sounds of Hollywood Edge are much better. They are clearer and more \"in-your-face\", better chosen and they have more power. I could scream, that I don´t have all my libraries from HE. What I decide to buy from now on is definitely HE and I would advice everyone to do the same.

Concerning complete Orchestra-Cues... I think, there is nothing new, though I wish, there was something. It is good to work with these templates to freshen your mix, but it must not be too obvious, that you used them, as nearly everyone has them. They are very recognisable. You could take them as ideas and make your own arrangements in the same style perhaps.

.................snip

Was machst du eigentlich so da oben in Hamburg ? Film oder Werbung oder Spiele ?

Thanx guys,
    just found out, that we have a distributor for HE in Hamburg :-) I\'ll check it out...

@ @lex (all others, please disregard, ssiss is reshtriktet djörman aeria):

Hörspiele, Film und ganz normales Audiobusiness, hauptsächlich im Family-Segment. Wo steckst Du? Treibst Du Dich vielleicht auch im Keyboards-Forum herum? Kannst Du mir einen deutschen Vertrieb für Sound-Ideas nennen, hab im Netz nix gefunden.

Gruß aus der Nordheide (bei Hamburg)

Check out www.renaissancesfx.com

These are cool..

@ Sönke

Ich mache Musik für PC-Spiele und bin fest angestellt bei Sunflowers ( Anno 1503 )

Und bitte bestell´ dir nicht die Sound Ideas-Sachen. Die Hollywood Edge klingt wirklich um Längen besser. Du wirst es nicht bereuen. Ist nicht so, daß beide den Schwerpunkt anders setzen. Die Leute bei Hollywood Edge haben ein viel besseres Gehör für einen geilen Soundeffekt. Ich dachte jahrelang, Sound Ideas hätte gute Sounds. Dann hab´ ich mal die Sachen von HE gehört und dachte: Ah ja, deshalb klingt´s bei mir nicht so richtig gut [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Hör dir doch mal die Beispiele bei HE an. Kann man auf der Page runterladen und darf man benutzen. Und das sind etwa 40 Sounds. Schon das allein ist klasse.
    Verglichen mit HE, hat Sound Ideas meiner Meinung nach Amateurfilmer-Niveau. HE macht seinem Namen alle Ehre.

So, wenn du jetzt noch Sound Ideas kaufst, dann weißt du wirklich, was du willst. Dann bist du einer von denen, die nachbearbeiten wollen ohne Ende [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

@lex wrote:
    Und bitte bestell´ dir nicht die Sound Ideas-Sachen. Die Hollywood Edge klingt wirklich um Längen besser. Du wirst es nicht bereuen. Ist nicht so, daß beide den Schwerpunkt anders setzen. Die Leute bei Hollywood Edge haben ein viel besseres Gehör für einen geilen Soundeffekt. Ich dachte jahrelang, Sound Ideas hätte gute Sounds. Dann hab´ ich mal die Sachen von HE gehört und dachte: Ah ja, deshalb klingt´s bei mir nicht so richtig gut Hör dir doch mal die Beispiele bei HE an. Kann man auf der Page runterladen und darf man benutzen. Und das sind etwa 40 Sounds. Schon das allein ist klasse.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">thx for info.
    now I found another solution, which will work fine for me, since I have a satisfying basic collection of effects (bestservice dvd studio box and a few others). After searching the web for quite a long time and some really bad experiences with cheating sound providers like e.g. ultimatesoundarchive, I ended up with sonomic.com and sounddogs.com, who both allow instant download of sfx and even production elements. Though both offer a huge and comfortably searchabel content, neither of them has HE :-((

I\'ll probably save some money that way, which instantly goes to trilogy & Co.

cheers,
    sönke

Go Back to forum