• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dirk Campbell's World Winds

Dirk Campbell\'s World Winds

Has anyone tried this sample library? I\'m thinking of buying it and would like to read some opinions first.

Thanks! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Re: Dirk Campbell\'s World Winds

I have it and I love it...
    There is so much material on that cd..the recording is brilliant...and it is the best ethnic lib. I have...

Does it sounds real..I don\'t know a lot of people on this forum are IMHO extremly opsessed with that subject.
    All I can say is that it sounds really good, lots of usable material and it spices up my work nicely. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the review. I just ordered it.

I have it .... and .... yes !!! I love it !!! I use it for a celtic show :-)

The World Winds is a great library but it\'s not the definitive ethnic woodwind library. The recorded performances and effects are terrific, and for the most part the playable samples sound great and respond well. The library does not however have the lyricism of the woodwinds in the Quantum Leap Rare Instruments. This is particularly obvious when comparing the Duduk, Irish Low Whistle and Uilleann Pipes which can be found in both libraries. Rare Instruments offers greater playability, better tone and realism and articulation keyswitching. Nevertheless, for the price, the World Winds offers a wealth of great sounding woodwinds in one library.

Hope this helps...

Kaveh Cohen

Go Back to forum