• Register
  • Help

Topic: Copy Protection Question

Copy Protection Question

First of all, I don\'t want this to get into a huge piracy/CCP thread as we\'ve experienced that before. I just hoped someone could quickly answer this question for me.

I am not sure I totally understand the reasons that developers are looking to applications like Kontakt as the native format for their samples. I just can\'t see how this will do anything to combat piracy.

With so many people using cracked copies of Windows, Cubase, and other applications, how will a library be saved by moving to a different sampler format?

Re: Copy Protection Question

It doesn\'t stop it, the only thing a new copy protection scheme does is make the developer get a fresh spike on sales, then he rejoices and screams out loud \"Yes! We\'re selling better numbers now\". But, reality kicks in, it ends up getting cracked, 6 months to a year later it all evens out again. It\'s a horrible cycle in the software world that keeps repeating over and over....

and over.......

Re: Copy Protection Question

Not only that, but since it\'s more of a universal library then (not just limited to Giga and things that can import them) I\'d think that it becomes even more popular to the pirates.

Go Back to forum