• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Free KH French Horn Download

Share/Bookmark

Free KH French Horn Download

So often, it seems that musicians complain that audio demos do not, no matter how good they sound, truly convey what a library has or doesn\'t have to offer. Therefore, these files are designed to give you an overall \"feel\" of just a TINY piece of the programming and samples. The samples used are, indeed, the exact same samples as you get in the \"full version\" of the library, so you\'ll be able to hear a very small part of the actual set. The range of the instruments in these files is greatly reduced from that of the \"full version\". Typically, you\'ll only be getting a minor 6th (F-sharp up to D-sharp). (The \"full version\" french horns have a range from C1 to F5, and the trumpets have a range from E3 to F6.) Additionally, there are 2 notes per sample here. In the \"full version\", you\'ll get EVERY note sampled (chromatic sampling). Only the ambient \"wet\" samples are used in the free version, and the dynamic range of some of the instruments is less evident. Remember to see below what\'s contained in the full version of the Virtuoso Series Brass Library.
    Here is the link for the free download:

http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/downloads.html

Watch for a free download for trumpets later today.

Best,
    Kirk Hunter
    MuzkGuy@aol.com
    www.kirkhunterstudios.com

Re: Free KH French Horn Download

Good initiative! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

(SI strings too, ofcourse...)

Maarten

Kick a ss Kirk,

Dloading.

You may want to consider zipping the files, or Raring them to self extract. It might help Mac internet users that have problems moving files to the PC.

hey Kirk,

I only tried the FH so far, but it seems to be a corrupt file, crashes my gigasystem

If you open the file in the editor it reports: \"bad wave links detected\" or something like that. Perhaps your final save didn\'t finish correctly when you created the final promotion patch.

Maarten

worked here. But theres something i find really weird.. sounds like this can be a powerful library with lots of attitude and ambience but the patches differ in eq. Some trumpet patches got more mid than others.. why is that? and the tuning isnt right in some patches.. Sounds very promising though and I guess youll fix everything for the final library

/Tobias

Great offer indeed, Kirk. I think this is the way to offer people the insight needed to actually be able to judge if the samples will be useful to them or not. I will try them as soon as I can and get back to you with feedback either through mail or on this forum, as you see fit. Let us know if you want comments mailed or posted on the forum.

Thomas

Originally posted by Maarten Spruijt:
    Good initiative! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

(SI strings too, ofcourse...)
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Didn\'t SI remove the SI strings demo gig a while ago? Can\'t find it anymore on their site.

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    hey Kirk,

I only tried the FH so far, but it seems to be a corrupt file, crashes my gigasystem
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I downloaded them today, and they worked fine. As far as zip or other compression schemes, I\'m not PC-saavy enough to know how to do that. Gimme a Mac, and I\'m stylin\'.

Best
    Kirk
    MuzkGuy@aol.com
    www.kirkhunterstudios.com

hmm I\'ll try redownloading it

Go Back to forum