• Register
  • Help

Topic: New electronic/symphonic piece... KOMPAKT Lib only... please review!

Share/Bookmark

Re: New electronic/symphonic piece... KOMPAKT Lib only... please review!

Take my comments for what they\'re worth -- my amp just blew a channel on me, so I\'m only getting one speaker this morning. Life sucks.

Anyway, I think it\'s a great effort with some interesting textures. I like the basic tune, but feel you might need to layer in a few more instruments -- particularly in the guitar solo/drum part, where it seems particularly empty.

Again, this could be due to getting only half the picture...

Thanks Rob,

I am currently working on adding some DIVA to the part you mentioned and extending the entire track to include a second movement based on the \'industrial\' sounding guitar/drum stuff.

I will post the \'extended\' edition sometime this week, I just wanted to get the KOMPAKT only version to you guys before I start adding anything else, just in case anyone was interested in hearing what the KOMPAKT lib can do.

AL

Hey Alan,
    2 things struck me after listen to your piece. Strings and the dry drums could use some sort of ambiance. and 2, theres not much bottom end. Adding a bass line near the end would be nice... I like the drums grooves u picked..Good Work, Rich [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

New electronic/symphonic piece... KOMPAKT Lib only... please review!

Hey guys,

www.alanjoseph.com/LBmix01.mp3

This is a new piece I composed with a friend of mine, it was rendered using nothing but the free library that comes with KOMPAKT.

We were going for a video game/action movie score, like something from The Matrix Reloaded...

This style is new for me, so any coments are very welcome...

Thanks in advance,
    AL

Go Back to forum