• Register
  • Help

Topic: NEW YORK TIMES run major story on VOCALOID

Share/Bookmark

NEW YORK TIMES run major story on VOCALOID

The NY TIMES has just run a cover story on VOCALOID virtual vocalist technology and its implications for all of us. The article is well researched and extensive and makes very interesting reading. Check it out HERE

Re: NEW YORK TIMES run major story on VOCALOID

Great! Now Laura Croft can transition from actress to pop star just like the rest of \'em! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    I\'d love to hear those demos. Anyone have them in MP3 format? I can\'t seem to find the OSX version of the midiradio player they\'re using.
    -Jamey

You can link to various Vocaloid demos from HERE

By the way, VOCALOID also just got \'Runner Up\' spot in the \"General Innovation\" Category of POPULAR SCIENCE magazine\'s \"Best of What\'s New 2003\" awards. Since it was competing against innovations from all areas of human scientific endeavour, this is a very special endorsement on this amazing new software!!

Zero G says: \"With very little practice the results you get from LOLA will completely fool your friends\".

Are they aiming for the home market with a statement like that? Geez, what\'s next? \"Now at last, boys and girls, you can hear Elvis, John Lennon and the legendary Al Jolson join Freddie Mercury on a brand new version of Bohemian Rhapsody. All for just 19.99 from your nearest Safeway superstore\".

Bah! I\'m sticking to Steinberg\'s Brother Gregory.

Seriously though, it sounds like a lot of fun. However, it\'s another technological double-edged sword: it\'ll be great for jingles tracks, but bad for the real vocalists who used to sing on them. Hmmm...

I\'d like to hear a more naked demo with no human vocals involved at all. No doubt more revealing examples will follow.

\"Now at last, boys and girls, you can hear Elvis, John Lennon and the legendary Al Jolson join Freddie Mercury on a brand new version of Bohemian Rhapsody. All for just 19.99 from your nearest Safeway superstore\".
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">A teacher of mine in recording school back in \'89 predicted something like this. He said we\'d be able to hear Elvis or John Lennon sing entirely new material.

Rob

Nice little bird song. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Vocals sound great as the background - but there is only one demo. You said there were various?

Go Back to forum