• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Any really good woodwinds library around ?

Share/Bookmark

Any really good woodwinds library around ?

Hi everyone !

I\'m looking for the best possible (at reasonable price if possible) woodwinds library...

Is there anything which wood be the \"Project Sam\"or the \"Garritan\" equivalent for woodwinds ?

Thanks for reading...
    Nino

Re: Any really good woodwinds library around ?

Vienna Symphonic Library\'s Performance Woodwinds are the best I\'ve heard (around 1000$). Runner up would probably be Westgate Woodwinds (200$). There aren\'t many sample options in the woodwind world.

Have you looked into any of Dan Dean\'s stuff? I\'ve always been impressed by what I heard. Prior to VSL, it seems like every time I was impressed enough with a user mockup to ask about the winds it turned out to be DDWW. Plus, they are packaged and priced so you can buy instrument at a time, and I think there are lite versions too. In any case, definitley worth checking into imo. If memory serves: www.dandeanpro.com

Best of luck,
    mike

Hi Nino,

just ordered my dan dean woodwinds lite, it would arrive tomorrow. I\'ll tell you my first impressions. I think they will sound fine, looking at comments around ns.

Luca

Originally posted by greatzed:
    Vienna Symphonic Library\'s Performance Woodwinds are the best I\'ve heard (around 1000$). Runner up would probably be Westgate Woodwinds (200$). There aren\'t many sample options in the woodwind world.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">How does one purchase just the VSL Perf. set Woodwinds? Aren`t they bundled up in the whole Perf Set.($2500)? Wondering, Rich

A compromise to get a relatively decent woodwinds library may be to go with Opus 1. The articulation list, though not like the complete VSL series, is still relatively impressive. Plus you get some of the other sounds of the orchestra with performance sets intact as well:

VSL Opus 1 Articulation List

Hey thanks a lot everyone for the good advices !
    I remember buying my copy of \"Sam Horns\" thanks to advices on this forum and god I wasn\'t disapointed at all [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I guess I\'ll have to listen to demos of the mentionned libraries above, and wait to Lux\'s first impressions on Dan Dean\'s library [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

(although right now I\'m a bit short on money and would go more for $200 than for $1000 [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

Thanks again people !
    Nino

Originally posted by Rich Pell:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by greatzed:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">How does one purchase just the VSL Perf. set Woodwinds? Aren`t they bundled up in the whole Perf Set.($2500)? Wondering, Rich </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Your wondering is justified. The Performance Set is where you\'ll find the performance patches (for use with the Legato Tool) of the VSL Woodwinds.

The VSL Woodwinds and Brass set contains no performance patches.

Of course, Opus 1 covers most of the performance patches of the woodwinds you need. See list of articulations.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Originally posted by Alexcremers:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Rich Pell:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by greatzed:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">How does one purchase just the VSL Perf. set Woodwinds? Aren`t they bundled up in the whole Perf Set.($2500)? Wondering, Rich </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Your wondering is justified. The Performance Set is where you\'ll find the performance patches (for use with the Legato Tool) of the VSL Woodwinds.

The VSL Woodwinds and Brass set contains no performance patches.

Of course, Opus 1 covers most of the performance patches of the woodwinds you need. See list of articulations.

------------
    Alex Cremers
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Alex, Thats what i thought. Does the Opus 1 come with the repetition tool/ samples as well? I didnt notice any. Best, Rich

Can anyone who has the EWQLSO Woodwinds give an opinion on them?

Go Back to forum