• Register
  • Help

Topic: Harp -- Rapping on the soundbox with knuckles suggestion

Share/Bookmark

Harp -- Rapping on the soundbox with knuckles suggestion

I frankly don't know harps well enough to picture the sound of rapping on the soundbox with the knuckles. I am working on a project with that in the score. Anyone with experience playing real harps have a suggestion for a patch I could use to simulate it? I have the Garritan World Instruments and surely something in there would be close enough for my purposes.

Best regards..

== Doug

Re: Harp -- Rapping on the soundbox with knuckles suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by dwagoner View Post
    I frankly don't know harps well enough to picture the sound of rapping on the soundbox with the knuckles. I am working on a project with that in the score. Anyone with experience playing real harps have a suggestion for a patch I could use to simulate it? I have the Garritan World Instruments and surely something in there would be close enough for my purposes.

Best regards..

== Doug
    That's an interesting challenge, Doug - And I think you're right that Garritan World probably has an instrument that will work for this. Start auditioning percussion - I'd first try various African log drums. Bet you'll hit on something that strikes as you right.

Randy

Re: Harp -- Rapping on the soundbox with knuckles suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Start auditioning percussion - I'd first try various African log drums. Bet you'll hit on something that strikes as you right.
    Thanks, Randy. I was hoping for a suggestion that sounded right to a harp player since I am clueless enough that I might pick the sound of old tincans.

[Nice music by the way, I stepped through to the Dorian Gray site.]

== Doug

Go Back to forum