• Register
  • Help

Topic: Bigga Giggas saxes - demos & comparisons?

Share/Bookmark

Bigga Giggas saxes - demos & comparisons?

I need a good sax library. I\'ve seen this one mentioned a few times, but there are no demos on BG\'s site. Does anybody have any links to any examples of music done with these?

Also, can anybody who has used both say how they compare to the saxes from Quantum Leap Brass, which are the only other library I\'ve heard that comes anywhere near my needs, and which I\'ll probably buy if I don\'t buy BG (or VSL saxes)?

Thanks.

Re: Bigga Giggas saxes - demos & comparisons?

Ouch,

My Soprano Demo for BiggaGiggas of JOHN REKEVICS SAXOPHONE LIBRARY was published a few days ago called \"Sweet Soprano\"

It can be found here..

http://www.glasstrax.com/biggagiggas/

Alan Russell

Originally posted by Ouch that hurts:
    I need a good sax library. I\'ve seen this one mentioned a few times, but there are no demos on BG\'s site. Does anybody have any links to any examples of music done with these?

Also, can anybody who has used both say how they compare to the saxes from Quantum Leap Brass, which are the only other library I\'ve heard that comes anywhere near my needs, and which I\'ll probably buy if I don\'t buy BG (or VSL saxes)?

Thanks.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I have both QL brass and the BG saxes. While the QL really kicks butt, I find the saxes leave a lot to be desired, while BG\'s are excellent. Check out Alan Russell\'s soprano demo...I just listened this morning...it\'s great. The tenor is my fav. The VSL looks very promising, too.

Got the BG sax set myself and love them, but I\'m still getting the VSL ones as well [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

There are a couple more Tenor demos of the BG saxes at http://www.biggagiggas.com/About%20Tenor%20Sax.htm

Ben H

Sporter,

thanks for the kind words. I really enjoyed John Thomas\'s Soprano sample and especially the keying facilities that were exceuted in the Kontakt format of the sample. This soprano has a warm and inspiring sound to play.

Alan Russell

Nice work, Alan.
    Being a soprano player myself, I can honestly say this is the first soprano sample I\'ve heard that doesn\'t sound cheesy. Except for a few excessively long phrases that had me gasping for air (kind of like stepping on that imaginary brake when you\'re a passenger in someone else\'s car), [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] you almost could have had me fooled.

How funny. John Rekevics used to teach in the Jazz department at San Diego State Univ. when I was a student there. I think he still does actually. He\'s a fantastic player. You\'d never know it from these samples, though...no offense. It\'s just that he breathes from time to time in real life. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    -Jamey

Yeah good demo Alan and I\'m a soprano saxophonist also.

Apart from yours, I think most of the demos don\'t really do the BG sax library justice! I probably couldn\'t do better but they owe it to themselves to get someone to program up some more KICK-BUTT demos.

I think that the VSL library will sell well purely because the demo is well programmed.

Ben H

Xana and IoComposer,

thanks for the comments..I was so focused on the keying that I forgot about the lungs..well maybe I can develop cheeks like Dizzy >grin<

Alan Russell

Go Back to forum