• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Is Spectrasonics out of Business?

Share/Bookmark

Smile Is Spectrasonics out of Business?

Is Spectrasonics out of Business? That was the question that i was asking myself the last 6 to 8 months.

The only things I see on there webpages are articles about movies and people. No nice new movies with tutorial about there products. No news about what new things to come in omnisphere, trillian or stylus. Not even a hint. Not even a item that Spectrasonics is not giving news untill 2014 (or something like that).

Eric is for the moment not very active on this forum.

What is going on?

People of Spectrasonics let us know that your still alive!

Re: Is Spectrasonics out of Business?

I had wondered what was going on as well, but I have read that good things are in the works, or that Eric has said that good things will come. Spectrasonics is most likely keeping quiet about what's coming up next, and I'm sure it will astound us all! However, Spectrasonics has done so well, I couldn't ever imagine them going out of business.

-R-

Quote Originally Posted by Effenix View Post
    Is Spectrasonics out of Business? That was the question that i was asking myself the last 6 to 8 months.

The only things I see on there webpages are articles about movies and people. No nice new movies with tutorial about there products. No news about what new things to come in omnisphere, trillian or stylus. Not even a hint. Not even a item that Spectrasonics is not giving news untill 2014 (or something like that).

Eric is for the moment not very active on this forum.

What is going on?

People of Spectrasonics let us know that your still alive!
    Last edited by rmoat; 05-13-2013 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Clarification

it's true that it's been a long time....
    The thing they are working on must be a huge annoucement. Omnispehre v2 with import samples function + OMG2, a dedicated keyboard controller for Omnisphere would pleased me!
    I don't think they are out of business i read somewhere (is it true???) they sold 300 000 copies of omnisphere....

The original post is from 4 years ago; why are you adding to it? Haven't you looked at their website?

Quote Originally Posted by wcreed View Post
    The original post is from 4 years ago; why are you adding to it? Haven't you looked at their website?
    ??? The original post was from this Monday
    David

Interesting... Yesterday it was showing up as being from 09.

Smile Re: Is Spectrasonics out of Business?

Quote Originally Posted by wcreed View Post
    Interesting... Yesterday it was showing up as being from 09.
    No it was not. I think you looked at the wrong date, maybe? Post is a few days ago. May it is only happening with a 13th thing.

It would be nice to hear something about Spectrasonics. In the past Eric was responding a lot on this forum. Now for at least the last couple of months I don't see any responce from him.

I hope that there will be a up-date this summer but this version still has plenty of nice secrets for me. So I am not waiting for it. Would be nice if stylus rmx get an up-date but for me plenty of secrets there too.

I hope we just get a sign of life from Spectrasonics and it would be nice if they tell us a tiny bit what they are doing..

So Spectrasonics give us a sign of life.

There are lots of signs of life, but elsewhere and not here anymore. Eric is still posting on other forums, and Spectrasonics is still thriving, so perhaps it's time to expand your horizons a little.
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Quote Originally Posted by playz123 View Post
    There are lots of signs of life, but elsewhere and not here anymore. Eric is still posting on other forums, and Spectrasonics is still thriving, so perhaps it's time to expand your horizons a little.
    Nice to hear but maybe you would be so kind to tell on this forum which forum Spectrasonics is thriving, so at least I can expand my horizons.

I'm pretty disappointed with Spectrasonics also. There is an issue that a few people have with Cubase 7 and Omnisphere crashing causing corrupted graphics. I called their tech and got an email which I responded to with a screenshot. No response for a month now. BUT PLEASE UNDERSTAND, thats not the big deal at all. Becasue of this issue,which I'm sure is simple and they'll sort out, I ve started using Massive much more and now Omnisphere is no longer my go to synth. Massive is focused and I know right where to go to get the sounds I want. Neither is Stylus my go to drum source, Maschine is. This is mainly because not only has nothing been updated in years for these but Spectrasonics can't even issue a reasonably priced sound soundset for Omnisphere? I don't mean a $100 set like the Moog sounds but a periodic release of a few sounds tailored to specific new styles or sub styles like,trap, and priced cheaply.Like a $30 set of 100 or so sounds focus on EDM of hip hop that are fresh. Doing this would keep the vitality alive, which to me is gone now.

I know there is still a ton of content in Omnisphere and its still great but I'm slowly starting to think of Trilian, Omnisphere and Stylus as abandonware.

Look at the lousy job Propellarhead did with Reason around the time of V3 - v5. No updates for years and stubbornly remainly quiet about adding audio. By the time they were forced to face reality it was too late. Now Reason is desperately playing catchup in an audio market that has passed them by IMO

Go Back to forum