• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: VSL Overdrive demo

Re: VSL Overdrive demo

Man that’s nice! That’s the style of music I just love. It was very good that you did the experiment. We can see now that it is DEFINATLY usable in this style of music.
    Now I have some Q’s.

1) What did you use to trigger the samples? Did you use a midi guitar?
    2) Were all of the bends and vibrato from the library or done with the controller?
    3) What effects did you use?

Great job! You are an excellent guitarist and composer.

Well, it\'s ok.

I\'m kidding. As always, it\'s excellent writing and damn good production. I don\'t think I\'ve heard a more realistic midi guitar yet (at least one that does more than whole note power chords)!

Once again, you\'ve shown a facet of contemperary composition that few on this forum (if any) are capable of. Jerk. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

I bow to you sir.

Great stuff Craig!

What vocal library did you use? [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

This tracks makes me realize I haven\'t played any Lee Ritenour or Larry Carlton in many, many years, and that\'s a shame [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Sounds very cool Craig [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] The electric sounds very nice to my ears and your playing of the acoustic is quite impressive as well. Nice licks [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

I love the acoustic guitar, just wish I had your guitar chops [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] The VSL guitar sounds good too, though! Miles ahead of anything I\'ve ever heard before.

Cool stuff, Craig!

Burbank, CA. US of Mexico

wow. A REAL guitar player...I\'m impressed [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    After listening to so much sterile sequenced stuff these days, it\'s like a burst of joy when the real deal comes shining through, imperfect and beautiful.
    The overdrive stuff, on the contrary sounds just plain silly. The tone is almost Alan Holdsworth-ish in a jazz context although about 1/1000th of the hipness (not that I consider Mr. Holdsworth overly hip, he\'s just real).
    I can\'t understand why there isn\'t a library of just plain (unamplified) electric guitar for use with products such as Amplitube or AmpFarm. The distortion would fill in the cracks and make a sampled guitar much more believable. I suggested someone make this years ago on this bb and no one picked it up. Pretty soon I\'m going to have to start charging for all of my great ideas [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

IOcomposer, actually I think Nick Phoenix did one, it\'s called QL 56\'stratocaster or something and as far as I remember it\'s got clean guitar samples only and is pretty extensive. I guess it doesn\'t have legato samples like VSL, though.

so did vintaudio

as did some other group thats selling it for 25 bucks

as well as wizzoo I think.

Great work, as always Craig! Decent tone to lay in as a flavor, when still demoing a cue.

As for the Allan comment, I believe it was on more of Scott Henderson tip....

We should jam again for fun in the new year, as opposed to just an afterthought to geeking out on sounds & toys. I\'ll even shed for it!

Well done,

Jeff Beck has competition.

Go Back to forum