• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Miditerminal 4140 and XP

Miditerminal 4140 and XP

OK, so it works but not really.

System hangs for 45 seconds(at desktop)and then all is well.

I never had a day of trouble with this device under windows ME.

Any word on *real* drivers from Ego~sys?

They don\'t answer emails BTW ... but of course~!

Re: Miditerminal 4140 and XP

The Miditerminal 4140 works fine here under Windows 2000. No problems at all. Before that, I had a Midiman 8x8, and it NEVER worked right on the same machine.

-- Martin

...And the info on their website is misleading.

One page says to install drivers ver 1.0 for XP but when you download it says the drivers are for 2000 only.

Another page says you must install drivers 2.5...

That\'s the driver causing the system hang.

Oh, and you have to change your port settings to ECC in the BIOS mode. Still a system hang.

The worse part was uninstalling all of the drivers....system still hangs. Had to reinstall XP (2 hours)

Not at all happy. Not to mention I have an Opcode Studio 64x that wont work as well [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

You\'re not going to like this but the best thing I ever did was dump my miditerminal (using XP) and purchase a MOTU Micro express. Absolutely no problems since the change. I think Simon suggested to me and it has really worked out. Hope this helps.

Yikes! That would make it my THRID MIDI device [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Hey, I think Simon had probs with the device under Win98se as well. It rocks in ME.

My head hurts [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear about your woes with the 4140.

I have several systems built by Craig and James at MixAudio. All of them use the 4140 and run on XP.

Aside from the VERY occassional loss of communication between the 4140 and GIGA (usually when the boxes are running for several days), it runs extremely well. This is annoying at times, but rare and a small price to pay for such power. I will get to the bottom of it though when I have a minute to put down my pencil.

Perhaps they can be of help and sort out your troubles.

I can not thank you enough~!

As I said, the device has always worked perfectly
    under WindowsME. Never a drop off or anything of the kind.

It\'s just the lock up at the start menu in XP that is killing it. It works but I can\'t deal with that lock up time (and should not have to)

Do you kow what driver version they, or you are using? 1.1 or 2.5 ?

Stay clear of EgoSys and MAYA.... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I do know that the strict instructions that came with my Gigas were ALWAYS wait 30 seconds before launching.

That is because of the 4140 and having it come \"online\" so to speak. Small price to pay whenever I boot up. I have had to live with much more bizarre idiosyncratic computer behaviour in the past.

I am using the 2.5 driver.

What can you do? Now to solve those temperamental interface communication breakdowns...... Oi!

PS if you would like an email address for Mixaudio tech support, let me know.

Ooooh, so you are saying that you to have the start up hang and that you were told that it is normal behavor with the MT4140 running in XP???

Glad your here.

Go Back to forum