• Register
  • Help

Topic: Uilleann Pipes

Share/Bookmark

Uilleann Pipes

Do we know yet when the Uilliann pipes will be added to World Instruments?

Re: Uilleann Pipes

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    Do we know yet when the Uilliann pipes will be added to World Instruments?
    ---? Oh my--you've been waiting for something that's been in World since it was first released, Tom.

Winds>Europe>Bagpipes and Chanters>Uilleann pipes is the last in the list. I used it way back in one my first World demos.

Randy

When I make the selection in ARIA player, I get the following: "Slot 0: ARIA cannot find 'Notation/Winds/Europe/Bagpipes and CH\hanters/n-Uilliann Pipes'. from Product:2001 Sounds kinda final to me. UPDATE - I find that I can load the sample as long as I use standard as opposed to notation. Is that supposed to be the case?
    Last edited by Tom_Davis; 05-15-2013 at 02:29 AM. Reason: New information

When I make the selection in ARIA player, I get the following: "Slot 0: ARIA cannot find 'Notation/Winds/Europe/Bagpipes and CH\hanters/n-Uilliann Pipes'. from Product:2001 Sounds kinda final to me. UPDATE - I find that I can load the sample as long as I use standard as opposed to notation. Is that supposed to be the case?
    Thanks for the added info, Tom - Originally it sounded like you were waiting for the Uilliann Pipes to be added as a new instrument. OK - this is a missing instrument case. Some time back now, it was reported that various instruments were coming up missing, and it was due to a mismatch between the SFZ files and ARIA programming. Corrected SFZ files were tested, and I thought by now they would have been publicly released. I looked at the Finale site download page just now and could only see the current ARIA update, which is version 1.620. In case you don't have that update, this download page will work after you've signed in:

Finale/Garritan Updates

And now you've found that the instrument's sample set can be loaded using Standard instead of Notation - That's good news. That will work for now, yes? - Meanwhile, that World update needs to get up there at MakeMusic - seems to take them longer than expected to be current with their available updates.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Thanks for the added info, Tom - Originally it sounded like you were waiting for the Uilliann Pipes to be added as a new instrument. OK - this is a missing instrument case. Some time back now, it was reported that various instruments were coming up missing, and it was due to a mismatch between the SFZ files and ARIA programming. Corrected SFZ files were tested, and I thought by now they would have been publicly released. I looked at the Finale site download page just now and could only see the current ARIA update, which is version 1.620. In case you don't have that update, this download page will work after you've signed in:

Finale/Garritan Updates

And now you've found that the instrument's sample set can be loaded using Standard instead of Notation - That's good news. That will work for now, yes? - Meanwhile, that World update needs to get up there at MakeMusic - seems to take them longer than expected to be current with their available updates.

Randy
    Thank you kindly. I have the new download.

Thank you kindly. I have the new download.
    Good, you're a case in point that people still don't have that update from earlier this year. BUT - I don't think it's going to fix the problem you reported. There's an update to the World SFZ files which MM still needs to post. Hopefully that will be up soon.

Randy

I also hope something good comes of the Wagner Brass in I/O. It doesn't sound correct to me. Also, I notice that when I use the music keyboard to enter notes they come on very strong and loud - but when I enter by notation, they seem weak.

I also hope something good comes of the Wagner Brass in I/O. It doesn't sound correct to me. Also, I notice that when I use the music keyboard to enter notes they come on very strong and loud - but when I enter by notation, they seem weak.
    Hi, Tom - I don't know what you mean either by "hope something good comes of the Wagner Brass"--? do you mean, you're hoping something different is done with their programming in the future?--and "it doesn't sound correct to me." Maybe you can describe what doesn't seem right, so people can understand what you're objecting to.

When you refer go using ARIA's keyboards to audition sounds, and how the volume level is lower in notation - is this just about Wagner Brass, or all instruments in general-? If the latter, I have some idea of what you're talking about, because in general, recordings done from notation programs tend to be way too low in volume - as if the users haven't used the sound mixer at all, leaving levels at low, default levels.

Randy

Go Back to forum