• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: My first demo online

Share/Bookmark

My first demo online

hi everyone, I would love your opinion on this piece I made for my film score demo.

mp3

Re: My first demo online

Sounds good

Where is this excellent Irish Fiddle (???) Sound at the start from ? I love this sound.

I would expect a little more climax to the String theme. It could become larger in the middle of the piece.

Cool work. For what kind of film is it ?

really cool piece! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

mixing is a bit strange, seems you tried to stay away from putting anything in the center. Dialog?

Thanks. The pan on the woodwinds was unwanted, it was giga loading the sounds but kept the previous performance balance.

The instrument in the begining is live, it\'s a violin played by an egyptian player. It is not for any film in particular. It is the lanscape piece, I have composed an adagio that was recorded by an orchestra this year that will be my love piece, I am also doing a chase track and maybe I\'ll do a suspense track as well. I am new it this field so I try to show a little bit what I can do. Thanks for the feedback.

Nice music.....

Sounds bit thin in the end...maybe work a bit more on the woods and perc?

I have a question...The live violine is really great, I was allways wondering , when doing this kind of work how much of it is composed and how much is just \"guided\"?
    You get your Egyptian player who has a great soul and tehnique and then what do you do, let him jam or give him a score sheet?

thanks,

Alex

New Mix

thanks for the advices I\'ve just made a new mix with better balance and stronger ending.

The violonist was also a music teacher so he new music very well, he only added the accents.

So you did write the solo violine part and gave it to him ?

cool....

Alex

I would expect a little more climax to the String theme. It could become larger in the middle of the piece.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I agree with that... Just seems like it needs to be a bit more \'dynamic\'. Just feels like it doesn\'t
    quite reach a climactic spot to fall away from (to my ears).

I do like the piece, though! Interesting choice of combinations with electronic and violin!

One other thing, \'to me\' it sounds like the electronic accent part in the beginning starts a bit too soon. I\'d possibly fade it in a little slower (but that\'s me)

Anyway... Pretty cool!

Originally posted by sw:
    hi everyone, I would love your opinion on this piece I made for my film score demo.

mp3
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">SW,

Cannot get it to download. Is it working?

Rob

Go Back to forum