• Register
  • Help

Topic: Processed Vocal FX Project

Processed Vocal FX Project

Ok, I have a problem. I have sound I like in my head but I cant make it with synths because I cant program anything. However I can make the sounds with my ... uh voice. The primary reason for starting this (see subject) is because I wanted some really good windy sweep FX that I cant find anywhere, but I have found that I can do other sounds well too.

I did quick test with my cheap computer microphone to see if it might work, added some reverb and it sounded really good! I am going to take out a good microphone from college this weeks or next, and record everything I can think of. Then I am going to effect the cr*p out of it to try and make it sound like it wasnt a vocal recording. Only... I am not good with effects processing either...

So why am I telling you this? Well I would like to give it away free like Tob is doing. I would like to know if anyone can help me with the effects. For example: Do you have a good Lexicon reverb?. If anyone wants to contribute sounds that will also be cool.

I know it might sound like a really crazy idea, but Atmosphere has vocal fx, except my approach would be to have the end product not sound like its source was a vocal recording at all.

Ill post an example when I get the microphone next week.

Thoughts and opinions in the mean time?

Re: Processed Vocal FX Project

I have been doing this for awhile, it is no real big deal. I can make pratically any sound you could think of. I use soundforge 5. To make sounds different you will want to use pitch shift, chorus and other effects and learn what sounds can come from different sounds you can make. Though it really sucks when you get a pc virus and it wipes out 80 cool sfx you made...lol.

P.S also to make sfx use stuff that is common around the house and record it. Sometimes these will be really cool sounds. Have fun [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum