• Register
  • Help

Topic: Charging Castle Stormburg - Rick's Cool Retro Video Game Loop Tune!!!

Share/Bookmark

Charging Castle Stormburg - Rick's Cool Retro Video Game Loop Tune!!!

For a little upbeat video game party music :P I was just having fun here! This is a video game-like looped tune. It is very simple, repetitive, but catchy!!! It is meant to resemble that of a looped NES game but with higher quality synths and orchestral instruments! It is suppose to resemble a theme that would be played in a final level of a NES game.

Libraries Used:
    - Garritan Personal Orchestra
    - Dimension Pro
    - Session Drummer

Re: Charging Castle Stormburg - Rick's Cool Retro Video Game Loop Tune!!!

It is very retro! I like it. I am guessing that synth sounds were coming from Dimension pro. I have never used that but I understand that a lot of sounds can be produced with it. Thanks for posting. Jay

Wheeee, that's really fun and retro, Richard. Good ol' Dimension has a ton of great instruments and sounds in it, ranging from techno to natural - deservedly praised sample player, that. Nice use of it with the Sonar drum set and GPO.--the drums sounded a bit off centered, with the snare more on the left--?

Randy

Thanks for the feedback guys! Besides GIO and GPO Dimensions is my next favorite. All of the synths indeed came from dimension. Also, another really good part of dimension is the string's that come with it. They are from the Sonivox string library based on what I have read. They are very expressive strings. I have been using them almost all of my compositions up until I got GIO. Now I use both, mostly Garritan stuff these days. Both have that great dry feel.

I used the channel tools plugin that came with sonar to widen the sound of session drummer, may have been a mistake though because I think they are already properly panned.

Regards,

Richard

Hehe, I like this. It does have that 'final level' feel to it.
    -- Matt Wong

Yep. Defiantly one of those tunes that get stuck in your head for the rest of your life because after the 999th time you still can't get past that swarm of storm knights past the bridge of flames and I swear by the beards of the Bendshadlers they just made this level impossible because they just didn't bother to program the game past this point arrgh!

@silh:
    Thanks for listening to the tune! I like last level music! Megaman II first stage of Dr. Wily's castle is one of the best retro tunes I have heard.

@Daniel:
    HAHAHAH! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

That was fun sururick!

I see Cakewalk stopped has supporting Dimension Pro for the last two OSX upgrades. I can always use it booting into Windows 7. At $19.95 it's a no brainer.

Thanks for posting this.

Phil

Go Back to forum