• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Miroslav Vitous price too high

Share/Bookmark

Miroslav Vitous price too high

Will there be a time that the Miroslav Vitous collection will lower in price. The price is really much too hig compared to the prices of the other libraries. I think the price should become about the same like the price of Advanced orchestra for example, because they\'re both five CD\'s of a symphonic orchestra.
    e.g. The Vitous string ensemble cd costs 1769 Euro, that\'s only one CD. The Garritan orchestra strings cost 1050 Euro that\'s about 700 Euro less money for twenty CD\'s and you get upgrades for free.
    I think Ilio should lower the price comparable to the libraries of nowadays.
    Another example: the first four Vitous CD\'s in a bundle cost even more than the complete Vienna Symphonic library.
    If I had to chose between these two, well eh... I\'d probably choose the second.

Re: Miroslav Vitous price too high

The prices have been reduced. Check the ilio site now. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I was talking about the Miroslav Vitous specifically (so I\'m not talking about sample libraries in general!), which I really found too expensive compared to what you can get for the same price. I don\'t want at all to say this library should become cheap, but less expensive then it\'s now.

I\'m not saying sample libraries should drop in price, not at all, because like someone said before, every library can be considered as a new music instrument, with a huge collection of very high quality sounds. And it\'s a tremedous work to create a sample library.

New synthesizers, electric piano\'s cost a lot of money and their sounds a lot of times don\'t even reach the quality and quantity of a sample library.

Originally posted by Luigi:
    I was talking about the Miroslav Vitous specifically (so I\'m not talking about sample libraries in general!), which I really found too expensive compared to what you can get for the same price.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'m not trying to be offensive. I\'m just curious whenever I saw people complaining the MV\'s too expensive. For me, things are simple:

If you like it and don\'t think it\'s expensive, then buy it;

If you like it but think it\'s too expensive, find something else you think that is as good but at a lower price. When you do so, there\'s no need to complain, since you don\'t need that \"too expensive thing\" now;

If you can\'t find something else as good but at a lower price, than this \"expensive thing\" can\'t be \"too expensive\", since it\'s the best after all.

Like you said, you found it was too expensive comparing to what you can get at the same price. Then why not just get those at the same price?

(Again, I\'m not trying to be offensive. Just very curious.)

\"find something else you think that is as good but at a lower price\"

For example: Advanced orchestra Collection (5 CD set): $495. The Miroslav Vitous (5 CD set): $2495. That differs $2000!

Another example: Quantum Leap Brass (only Brass but also 5 CD Set): $395.00. That differs $ 2100!

Exactly, the best way to complain about high prices (if you feel they are high) is to simply not buy it. Sooner or later the developer will lower their prices if needed.

Guess I\'ll just have to wait for the price to drop then.

Originally posted by Luigi:
    \"find something else you think that is as good but at a lower price\"

For example: Advanced orchestra Collection (5 CD set): $495. The Miroslav Vitous (5 CD set): $2495. That differs $2000!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">This is what I don\'t understand. If you think the Advanced Orchestra Collection sounds as good as MV, then simply buy AO and use AO and forget all about MV, including complaining about its price too high;

If you think AO doesn\'t sound as good as MV, then you can\'t complain about MV\'s price too high, since it IS better then AO in your opinion.

In both cases, I don\'t see any reason to complain about the price of MV too high.

I got a new Ilio/Spectrasonics catalog, and it shows the Miroslav choir library. How come there are no demos at Ilio?

I have bought a few ilio cds and they send a demo cds of their products (like Spectrasonics do) .

They have had a demo of the choir for AGES. And to be honest I wasnt that impressed

Ed

Go Back to forum