• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: BigFish Violin Demo

Share/Bookmark

Re: BigFish Violin Demo

Ok, is this sampled or is it a joke? It sounds awesome!

It\'s not sampled.....am I stupid?

No way!

You guys are f$#^ing with me.....ok....who\'s the joker?

Wow Aaron, that sounds pretty damn good! What Big Fish Audio sample library is this demo from??? Gary [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Is this donnies violins? sounds very interesting!

give us some more info about the library

/Tobias

Just a Guess..... maybe \"London Solo Strings\"??? Gary :

Aaron... If you\'re still there.... Please let us know the details about this violin demo, okay! We\'re wondering.............. Gary [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Oh, it\'s definitely sampled, IMHO.. in fact, it sounds like a quantized MIDI file (it almost sounds like a Sibelius file being played back).

Still, the quality and variety of the sound is nothing short of unbelievable.. put me down for a copy RIGHT NOW! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

A-

--------
    Andrea G. Pessino (not female, just Italian)
    Blizzard Entertainment

apessino@blizzard.com

Now this is much better than the first demo posted! Doesn\'t have the strange phasing issues of the first demo.

A_Sapp, you should have posted the dry version.. the reverb that is added makes it sound weird.. like phasing problems. How do you get that? if youre using outboard reverbs some programs might have the direct signal blended with the wet signal default.. i dunno.. sounds like somethings wrong.

agreed much better demo. The tone reminds me of old Carl Stalling recordings, and no its not jsut the performance. Its sort of \"mono\", and almost out of phase or soemthing. BTW, thats not a bad thing, to me, for this type of performance

Tho, its obviously sampled. Still I think it can be coaxed to have a more realistic sound, especially in the runs, the arpeggios sound cool tho, but the runs sound like 400,000 bpm normal performances....

Anyhow, it does sound like something people looking for solo violins should pick up. There\'s alot of variety to coax some good performaces out of this.

EDIT- just listened to the dry one, since I\'m some sort of Internet Hacker (heheee). I like this tone too, but like the \"weird tone\" for the performance, it adds to it sounding like an \"old piece\". Listening to the dry one makes me think it will have more flexibility, than when I jsut listened to the \"wet\" one. So you guys may want to think about posting that as well.

Go Back to forum