• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A Sweet Violin Solo Demo

Re: A Sweet Violin Solo Demo

Yes, the violin sound is sweet indeed. But the swell of each note make the whole passage sound very unnatural. I\'m not sure how playable it is with all the swells interfering the phrases.

Sounds good...

I think you should sort something out for legato. Even chopping the note starts is better than nothing.

Def. has the right feel. Slightly out of pitch at 00:28 and 00:32, but I like it alot. Seems very playable. Nice work man. Great for dramatique stuff.

Love - Chris

I think it sounds nice.. I dont know enough about violins to say if it sounds \"real\" or not..
    I just think it sounds nice [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Sharmy:
    Nice horns at the beginning [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Oh...... this is a violin demo....silly me

This stuff seems more expressive than any solo string lib. I have heard . The slides sound great. Kirk, do you have faster slides for quicker tempos?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yup, there will be faster slides. Also, there will be a lot more programming to get rid of the dreaded \"robotic same-note\" stuff.

Myrtle Beach, SC (USA)

TERRIFIC... Sounds GREAT, Kirk. I could close my eyes and swear I was listening to Itzhak Perlman. Keep up the good work!! Gary [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by midphase:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Indeed.

Its very expressive but the attacks are very unrealistic as they come in too slow. Doesn\'t fool me in to thinking its Itzhak I\'m afraid. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] If the attacks could be fixed then this library has a lot of potential though. Don\'t you have some harder attack notes, Kirk?

What reverb is being used? I don\'t think its that nice a reverb. In fact this also sounds like its being performed in my garage. My garage is certainly a popular venue. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Again, to me this sounds REALLY good! I think the demo is trying to show off the slides (which it does VERY well). Why does \"the mix\" and \"reverb\" keep coming up? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Personally when I listen to demos such as this I am listening to one thing....how the library plays. Isn\'t that whats important anyways?

Go Back to forum