• Register
  • Help

Topic: Will Gigasampler and Cakewalk work with.....?

Share/Bookmark

Re: Will Gigasampler and Cakewalk work with.....?

I have a Pentium III 850 mhz with 256 MB RAM Two hard drives: one for gigasamples and one for everything else. Aardvark Direct Pro 24/96. Cakewalk and Gigastudio work very well together with this setup. Whether any of this is needed beyond your setup for Cakewalk and Gigastudio work together, I don\'t know. I would assume that if the Delta 66 is multiclient and GSIF that it should work.

Damon,

Two comments:
    1/ I\'d consider a second hard drive so that you are not running audio and programmes on the same drive (ideally three - one small one for progs, a second for gig files and a third for audio tracks)

2/ This second point could possibly be wrong, but I was about to buy a Delta 66 as it had all I needed on it, but then the shop said that the latency on a delta 66 was about double that of a delta 1010 - ie the delay went from about 10ms to over 20ms. They recommended the 1010. Apparently they had tested it and enquired with Maudio tech support who confirmed that latency on the 66 was not the same as the 1010.

Will Gigasampler and Cakewalk work with.....?

I think I might go buy a Compaq 700 MHz Pentium 3, 20 gig hard drive, 128 megs SDRAM and also buy a Delta 66. Will Gigasampler run fine with that and does the computer need 2 soundcards to run Cakewalk and Gigasampler or will the Delta 66 work fine?
    The Delta 66 is both multiclient and GSIF supported.
    Thanks

I\'m going to have 2 hard drives put into my computer. I\'m going to have one for programs(Cakewalk 9) and one for audio. Which hard drive should Gigasampler be put on, the audio?

Put the Gigasampler prog on the programme drive, and the .gigs on the audio drive.

Bear in mind that the audio drive will be working hard to stream audio tracks and samples simultaneously.

Hey Chadwick
    You seem to be fast becoming the man with all the answers at this site. Kind of like the unoffical site moderator[ I guess Papa Chaulk is the Offical one.]
    Ok question
    Ive got giga samples on drive E and cakewalk audio files on D and all the general programs plus the giga studio,cakewalk etc all on the C drive , everything is cool.
    My question is when I install my effect plug ins like waves trueverb ,etc the default set up sends them all to my lowest performing hard drive ,drive C.
    Should I change the default set up during installation and install them in my D drive ,the same one I have cakewalk on? thanks , Ken

Hey Chadwick
    You seem to be fast becoming the man with all the answers at this site. Kind of like the unoffical site moderator[ I guess Papa Chaulk is the Offical one.]
    Ok question
    Ive got giga samples on drive E and cakewalk audio files on D and all the general programs plus the giga studio,cakewalk etc all on the C drive , everything is cool.
    My question is when I install my effect plug ins like waves trueverb ,etc the default set up sends them all to my lowest performing hard drive ,drive C.
    Should I change the default set up during installation and install them in my D drive ,the same one I have cakewalk on? thanks , Ken

Opps it listed twice .
    The site was malfunctioning and frezzing up.

Go Back to forum