• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt - I bought 1.5, recieved old copy

Kontakt - I bought 1.5, recieved old copy

I posted this in the Native Instruments section but I\'m not sure how many people are floating around over there. In short I ordered Kontakt 1.5 through my local store and when I recieved it and tried to install it, to my surprise they had sent an OLD copy to the store, not v. 1.5. So I went to the online store to get the download, which I figured just would make sense, but the only download they have available is for an upgrade for $29. That\'s a bit rediculous don\'t you think? Does anyone have any info on this little situation?

Re: Kontakt - I bought 1.5, recieved old copy

Hello J.

If you just purchased Kontakt you are eligible for a free upgrade via download. Last I checked they still actually are not shipping boxed versions of 1.5 just yet.

Hope this info helps.

Well yes I see where I could download a form and fill it out and in 7 days they will ship me something, but that seems a bit odd. Clearly if I\'ve just purchased the product and registered it they could give me download access or something? But since tomorrow\'s thanksgiving I guess I won\'t be able to talk to anyone until Friday at the earliest, maybe even Monday. I called Emagic this week and they\'re closed all week!!

Call the very nice people at NI sales; there\'s a toll free number. Normally you can choose the download or boxed version of 1.5, but in your case it\'s possible you may have to wait for the boxed.

Winsted, CT

Calling NI in the US is a joke. You\'ll either get a busy signal, or an invitation to leave a message.

Go Back to forum