• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Free ambient snare section!

Share/Bookmark

Re: Free ambient snare section!

No, I just expected you to guess. Really, I\'m just an idiot. It\'s there now. Sorry.

Sean

These snares sounds really weird.. is this pure ambience? No extra altiverb or acoustic modeler added?

/Tobias

Right, they don\'t sound like drum set snares doubling as concert snares. They don\'t have plastic heads and overtightened wire snares you are probably used to hearing. They are deep drums with calf heads and gut snares. Vintage military style drums. Actual ambience. And you don\'t hear a lot of contact sound from the stick striking the head since mic placement was so distant. Thanks for pointing out the difference.

I plan on recording some somewhat smaller drums at this distance also.

Sean

Originally posted by lanesp:
    Right, they don\'t sound like drum set snares doubling as concert snares. They don\'t have plastic heads and overtightened wire snares you are probably used to hearing. They are deep drums with calf heads and gut snares. Vintage military style drums. Actual ambience. And you don\'t hear a lot of contact sound from the stick striking the head since mic placement was so distant. Thanks for pointing out the difference.

I plan on recording some somewhat smaller drums at this distance also.

Sean
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ah, your snares are probably excellent instruments.. What I was talking about was the ambience. Theres no doubt you guys got the best instruments available Would be interesting to know how you recorded it. Which microphones and how many, the distance, any post processing.. stuff like that.

Perhaps we will see a new LOP but with lots of ambience from you later this year? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

/Tobias

Regardless of how it was recorded I think it sounds great! Thank you very much for the cool gift, Sean. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

-A

--------
    Andrea G. Pessino (not female, just Italian)
    Blizzard Entertainment

apessino@blizzard.com

I can\'t access this page for some reason. Is it gone already?

\"You are not authorized to view this page
    HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden Internet Explorer \"

Thanks,
    Ben Ripley

Ben,

That\'s very strange. I get a similar message. The only conclusion I can come up with is that we have max’ed our bandwidth allowance. The snares have been steadily downloaded all day. I\'ll do some checking. All I can say right now is try again later.

And, no problem Andrea, enjoy them.

Sean

lanep,

Cannot access either. That\'s what I get for napping!@!#!@!#!@!

Would groveling put it back up for a round 2 download?

Just in case, Grovel, etc.....................

Rob

It should still be available Rob. Check out my previous post. The bandwidth thing is all I can figure. Try later. Sorry. I\'m not sure when our allowances reset. I am guessing midnight US central time.

It seems you can still get the sizzle cymbal if you don\'t have it yet.

Sean

Originally posted by lanesp:
    It should still be available Rob. Check out my previous post. The bandwidth thing is all I can figure. Try later. Sorry. I\'m not sure when our allowances reset. I am guessing midnight US central time.

It seems you can still get the sizzle cymbal if you don\'t have it yet.

Sean
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Sean, I\'ll try in the morning. I also very much appreciate the sizzle (and the LOP library.)

Can\'t wait to see what you guys have up your sleeve...

Rob

Go Back to forum