• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Cello and Guitar

Cello and Guitar

I was curious to hear how the garritan Gofriller and guitar would sound together. This is what I came up with.

Re: Cello and Guitar

That was an absolutely lovely piece to listen to this morning, Jay. You wed the two instruments together perfectly. I also enjoyed your thematic material.

Thank you!

Scrumptious guitar, Jay!--paired with an equally tasty cello line - REALLy nice to hear something spotlighting the good ol' Gofriller Library again, haven't heard it in solo here for quite awhile.

Really nice piece.

Sean, thanks a lot for the listen and comment. I know this piece is fairly simple but I wanted to dust off the Gofriller and try it out with guitar. I think the sound blend of the two instruments worked okay.

Randy! Thank you. I did a little adjusting in Kontakt so or could get better control over the vibrato on the cello. The Gofriller is really a nice sample lib and I just have to find more ways to use it because the sound that it produces is so satisfying.

Thanks to you both. Jay

Well there you go! Now you know how nice they sound together. You have a great style in your writing Jay...very melodic which is not easy to do.

Thanks for the post.

Thanks you Jim! I plan to write more pieces of this type. Jay

Shelton, Washington State

Very nice indeed! The pairing of the guitar and Gofriller cello, for me, created a contrast in moods that worked well.

Yes, very fine melodic lines on this.

Hey Phil! It is nice to hear that the melodic content on this worked for you. The combination of the two instruments worked out better than I thought they would. Thanks for the listen and comments. Jay

Canada,winter Mexico

I love them together. Very,very nice. Played it 3 times so far....

Thanks Ted! I am glad that you enjoyed this. Jay

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast