• Register
  • Help

Topic: midi keyboard help

Share/Bookmark

Question midi keyboard help

trying to use aria player with my keyboard (Alesis QS6)
    sounds are only triggered on up stroke of key.
    sustain isn't right either.

any ideas?

Re: midi keyboard help

Quote Originally Posted by markmu View Post
    trying to use aria player with my keyboard (Alesis QS6)
    sounds are only triggered on up stroke of key.
    sustain isn't right either.

any ideas?
    Hello, Markmu - Your post has languished here because it would appear nobody's sure what the problem is with your keyboard. Also it helps to have questions posted in General Discussion rather than this Support & Technical Forum which isn't visited very much anymore.

Here's something that at least partly addresses the problems you bring up. This is from the Alesis QS6 manual online:

"[SUS PEDAL]is designed to work with any standard momentary footswitch. It doesn’t
    matter whether the footswitch is normally open or closed, so long as you plug it into the
    jack beforepowering up your QS6.1; the instrument will automatically sense the
    footswitch’s polarity and calibrate itself accordingly.

If your sustain footswitch responds backwards (i.e., notes sustain unless the footswitch
    is pressed), then turn off your QS6.1 and make sure the footswitch plug is fully inserted
    into the[SUS PEDAL]jack. When it is, turn the instrument’s power back on while
    keeping your foot off the footswitch."

The problem with the keys also sounds like a polarity problem, since they're behaving opposite from how they should. Well, I would start with making sure your QS6 has had the chance to calibrate to your sustain pedal correctly - maybe that will magically fix everything!

If you continue to have problems, please use the Forum Jump menu at the bottom right and feel free to post any questions in General Discussion which is the only Forum most members go to.

Randy

Go Back to forum